IGNORED

Oh no! I lost a part!!

After a trip to the dragon last weekend I noticed I lost a bolt and small piece of chrome. Its the piece that bolts the chrome guards together that wrap around the bags. If anyone has a extra or knows how I can get one, please let me know. Happy to pay for one and shipping and anything else needed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Hazenson/07-30-13003.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see this was resolved and sorry to hijack the thread but wanted to share a story. I lost the same part on my bike last summer just before a trip to Sturgis. I installed a bolt with washers from the local hardware store to make the trip.

On Monday morning in Sturgis I stopped at the the Star tent to browse and saw a large display of chrome accessories. A young lady asked if she could help me and while I wasn't really looking for this part I mentioned I was missing one. She went to another guy working the tent and he came over to be sure he understood what it was I needed. After I explained he replied that Yamaha has never done a good job in supplying the mounting hardware for their accessories and there was no part number for these. BUT he offered to make a phone call to someone in their warranty department in California to see if they have a broken package/returned item or similar. The result was that yes, they did, and it would be shipped to them in Sturgis by that friday. I thanked him and said I would be back.

On friday I was back at their tent but the part had not arrived and after calling CA it apparently was delayed. He took my address and phone number said he would ship it direct to my home. A few days later I got the package, installed it and everything was fine.

Now the good part - all of this was at no charge. He wouldn't accept payment in Sturgis and I didn't have a way to track him down. My payment for this great service is to share this story with anyone who will listen. Thanks