IGNORED

Need rack! Diamond R down?

roysclockgun

I need a luggage rack for the tour pack on my 2006 Venture. I really like Diamond R products but cannot bring up their site.

Can anyone recommend a rack, other than Yamaha's?

I would prefer a small chrome rack, as I hate to ruin the lines of the motorcycle. I have ridden for a year without a rack, but now need somewhere to bungie on folding chairs for concerts.

Guest BluesLover

... never did get the Yamaha rack and went instead with a Kuryakin rack that was made for the Gold Wing. Cheaper and just as effective.

Cheers,

I need a luggage rack for the tour pack on my 2006 Venture. I really like Diamond R products but cannot bring up their site.

Can anyone recommend a rack, other than Yamaha's?

I would prefer a small chrome rack, as I hate to ruin the lines of the motorcycle. I have ridden for a year without a rack, but now need somewhere to bungie on folding chairs for concerts.

Oh Boy! I hate to see what you are trying to do. The trunk on the RSV, I believe, will not support the weight of the folding chairs you want to attach to them. I have used my rack to bungie my coat or for a small garment bag. I use a Kuryakin rack myself and it did not have the chrome supports that the yamaha rack comes with. Just my two-cents worth.

Mark

Okay, so I only want to carry two of those folding chairs that pack up in the little cloth bags. If the trunk on the RSV will not support that weight and/or created drag, then how can I safely carry the two chairs? How about one on each side, atop the saddle bags on some sort of chrome rack? Is there such a rack for the side bags?

Guest BluesLover
BluesLover, I viewed you gallery and like the looks of your tour pack rack. From what distributor did you buy that one?

I picked it up at a local dealer (had them install as I wasn't keen on drilling holes in the trunk). Think I paid CDN$50 for it. I am almost 100% sure it is a Kuryakin model, so most outfits (like Yamaha Sports Centre for example) should carry them.

Cheers,

Okay, so I only want to carry two of those folding chairs that pack up in the little cloth bags. If the trunk on the RSV will not support that weight and/or created drag, then how can I safely carry the two chairs? How about one on each side, atop the saddle bags on some sort of chrome rack? Is there such a rack for the side bags?

We've carried those chairs on our trunk rack WITH the trunk rack bag fully loaded. There isn't a weight issue since those camp chairs are so light to start with.

I've carried more weight on my trunk rack than I'm wiling to admit to From Memphis to CT no issue's. A couple of those bag chairs will be fine. Yhr Yamaha rack is rated by Mama Yama at 15 lbs if I remember right. I've probably had double that on mine. Hopefully that will stop now that I've got my trailer finished.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the hardware store and wife called me on the cell to pick up a 50# bag of birdseed . Already had junk in the rear passenger seat of my '06 ,soI bungeed the birdseed onto the rack .Only had 20 miles to go , and it rode perfectly fine .

On the way back from the Alabama M & E , I had already a folding chair on the rack . Made a stop at a freind of mine whom I loaned my shotgun too . It was in a hardcase and I secured it across the rack as well and traveled over 150+ miles with no problem as well .

Gene