IGNORED

Finally!! No more garage queen

lonestarmedic

So, I put the tags on, changed oil, filter, and seafoamed the fuel. Took off and proceeded to run 1 1/2 tanks of fuel through today. Come out to 366 miles. Went to Austin on the interstate, over to Canyon Lake, went and met JRichard, then went to Perdenales State park. Met some Valkyrie riders and rode with a few Harleys. Mocha is running top notch. After the SeaFoam and Marvel mystery oil in the crankcase the idle went from 950 to 1100. Gonna change plugs and put in synthetic this week. Bought a set of Morgan carbtune II's just to finish it off. Looking forward to next weekend and more hill country. Oh for the northern folks, my thermometer registered 78 in the back yard today.

JRichard-you missed a great ride!!!

JB

You can keep the storms!! Saturday afternoon was windy, cold, and rainy. However I still put Mocha in the driveway and flushed the oil off. Used aome stuff from the Yamaha shop. Smells like pink bubblegum. Cost $13.50 for the gallon. Cut it in half with water and sprayed it on. Then cut it again for the rest of the bike. Works great and rinsed clean. Cheated and used the leaf blower for the water. The JB Weld and fiberglass cloth worked great. I sanded. drilled and filed new tabs for several of the lower fairing pieces. THanks for the tip Todd.

JB

Good to hear you got some wind in your face, I could definitely use some myself

:(

1 word of caution, you mentioned about putting Synthetic in the bike. You may find that when you do this the engine will start to leak. It will clean all the old oil from in between the cracks in the gaskets and start seeping out....Just something to think about:)

When I tried synthetic, my clutch began to slip while accelerating while 2up.

Went back to bike oil & was good again, after a while.

I took my new scoot for state inspection, register [diff county], then to the shop for new tires/brakes/speedo cable/check-up/etc.

It was up to 38*F, so I took the long way around to everywhere.

Sure felt GREAT. Long time until next ride, though. :(