IGNORED

Do you have a Flat tire repair kit?

Dale124

Never heard of that product before. Looks great but it is indeed pricey. Like the 90 degree valve stem extension as well.

Might have to wait awhile but that is going on my Christmas list.

Thanks for the heads up.

I learned about the cycle pump from a former VR member here who rides 24/7. It isn't cheap like the slime compressor which I did look at. But for the value, ease and peace of mind, it it worth it to me...

Hey Iron Mike, where did you get your plugs? Are they the mushroom type?

I don't think the cyclepump can be beat, but if you search it, you can come awful close for a lot cheaper. Theory is you are not going to use it.

Like I said I carry a Plug kit it works just fine. I did buy the Stop and go kit. My brother used it on his car tire. And when he was, I read all about it in the directions, and they basically say go no further than to buy a new tire. Scary. Great for lawnmowers and 4 wheelers, maybe a wagon. But I just cant trust it.

Nice 12 pack of fresh plugs and a compressor and you can run the tire out. I got a bad nail in a new tire, plugged it and ran it out. It was like in the corner of the tire, somewhere a Stop and go I don't think would hold.

Ill sell ya mine, one plug missing.

And having had a rear flat at speed, (Found out in the next turn) I just want to mention always checking your tires, especially on trips. About every chance I get I have my passenger watch the rear as I move the bike, she looks for nails and voids. Same on front.

You can't kick a bike tire and see if it is flat, You must use a gauge.

The casing is so strong anyways, very little air makes it look good to go.

I read somewhere about a company who set up a tent at a Bike Rally and took air reading from people who just rode in and weighed the bikes too.

An amazing no astounding percentage of bikes were grossly under inflated and an amazing number were exceeding the weight rating of the tire.

And that made me go weigh mine two up and loaded. I was overweight on a Roadstar with the best tire available with the largest weight rating. And thats why I went to the darkside.

Ride on seems like a good idea, if I wasn't running Dynabeads.

This just hits home how important tires are.

Can ya please tell me where and what type of plugs are you using?

I run Dyna Beads in my tires, thus no ride on. I carry a plug kit with the sticky stringy things, and to inflate tire if need be I have one of those C02 inflater things with the little bottles.