IGNORED

New Battery

I hear ya on that we left for vacation and got 220 miles and the bike would not start after stopping checked everything I could and still no luck. Of coarse I left my meter at home thinking why do I need this. So after a cab ride to the parts store and a new battery and then a small trip to a dealer to make sure the stator is charging we continued on with vacation.

The battery in the bike was at least 5 years old so I did pretty good I think.

Richie R

After a cab ride to the store and a trip to the dealer I am not sure how much you saved by waiting to change your battery.

Mike

When out in the boonies they've got you by the nads. When my Deka died in Thermopolis Wy across the street from a Southern Auto store, the only thing they had was a wet cell batt. $120 bucks out the door... and that was with a senior discount. :backinmyday: :mo money: Used it one day and then put the recharged AGM back in the bike. Deka AGM's are $89.00 on my doorstep...

Hello guys. I got the battery for a few bucks under $100. Yes. After 5 years and knowing that the battery may or may not give me warning signs, I had do it and replace with a new one. As we all know, heat is not good on the battery if I am not mistaken. Ride Safe everyone.

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday, I got the chance to replace my old Yuasa battery. It has been on the bike for about 6 years. The old battery will still start the bike, but the sitting voltage was at 11.5 volts.

Before I installed the new battery, I first gave it a slow 2 amp charge for about an hour. Having this new battery is good for my peace of mind.

Yesterday, I got the chance to replace my old Yuasa battery. It has been on the bike for about 6 years. The old battery will still start the bike, but the sitting voltage was at 11.5 volts.

Before I installed the new battery, I first gave it a slow 2 amp charge for about an hour. Having this new battery is good for my peace of mind.

11.5vdc is a dead battery.......