IGNORED

rain and bs

rbig1

well rode in the rain yesterday. has any one used rain-x on the shield of bike and on helmet shield. helmet one wouldnt have helped because wife was wearing it. havent found one she likes yet. she loves riding so far this is her 10th time. going up to open house at jp cycle at Anamosa ia. wifes not going but a couple of other bikes are. we are leaving around 1030 will be wearing freebirds maint shirt if ya see me talk to me. o ya always in bibs. rod:sign woo hoo:

+1 on what Steve just said. I had rain X on for ONE day until, DHJ3/Dion said nope...:no-no-no:

I quickly took it off. Members have used pledge, wax and other assorted items, but the rain X on my shield just started to have an itty bitty spot of hazing and separation of the coating. If you still have it on, my recommendation is to remove the rain X ASAP to preserve your shield.

On the forum search,nook up RAIN X and read the posts...

I use Turtle wax on my windshield, when I'm waxing the bike I mist some on the windshield and wipe it on. Helps with the bugs too! The wax is in the spray bottle so its easy to put on and I use the mico fiber towels very soft. I have used Meguiars as well as other brands as long as its in the spray bottle. It just comes down to your preference........Ron

Eagle one ,,Gel wax

when i first got my bike climbing the drive in the evening I couldn't see the ground or in front of me for haze and scratches on the windshield, FACING THE SUN

I used the Eagle one , it has carnuba and silicone ..

I can get home now without a worry,,

narrow drive with sun on hazy windshield was NOT FUN..

FIRST TIME I RUBBED ON WITH MY BARE HAND

now i got a cloth