IGNORED

WV gunboat memorial ride

CaptainJoe

Time: Aug 25th with rain date of September 1st. Sunday was chosen as a few responders have to work Saturdays and have other commitments. Other weekends were not picked due to international rally and Vogel get togethers.

Route: making a large loop thru WV

I-77 N. to Rt# 50 E. to 219 S. to Blackwater falls

will decide where to eat at Blackwater falls

Rt#219 to Snowshoe

Williams River Rd. to I-79

spent about an hour on mapquest this morning only to find there is no way to email the map.. it's broke...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

more to come...

Please respond if interested in this ride. Thanks Joe

Sounds good to me... I just added Cool Springs Park "C" to google maps link above.

I will most likely be the only one to do the entire ride, unless someone fairly close meets up with me in the morning.

Tried to loop back to I-79 so folks could get back home quickly if needed.

Edited by CaptainJoe

It all sounds good to me Joe and I'm with you the hole way . RT 28 is a beautiful ride through Senaca and back around through Durbin and little river and up Cheat Mt and back through Green bank and towards Huttensville and end up in Elkins . Were to meet and what time is The Ride taking place .

Skid...

Don't worry bout me I'm good for an all dayer... (figuring a 12-13 hr ride...just so i get back before those deer come out at night)

If I start out at 7 am will be in Grantsville by 9.

Snowshoe by 12:30

I'm leaning towards the smaller route as we could pickup 4 bikes by the time we hit I-79.

CalhounWV, Skid, Yammer Dan (would pull approx 6 -7 hr ride 10 am 5 pm)

Traveling up 79 to 33 we could pickup Yamaha Woodsey and crew.(8-9 hr ride, 10 am- 7 pm)

Others have expressed interest from Wierton and falling Waters, Martinsburg but even for just a M&E at Snowshoe, it will be +9 hr ride.

will modify this when i get back.

It's my moms b-day and she wants me to take the truck and buy her some plants...:cool10:

Edited by CaptainJoe

• 1 month later...

I realize that's Labor day weekend and people are trying to squeeze in one more vacation .

That's why I wanted to have it this Sunday.

As someone said earlier, believe it was Squidley, if you can't make the get together, just think about Gunboat the next time you take a ride...

• 2 weeks later...

Deluge of rain here in WV ths weekend....

As there hasn't been a large response to this, I'm gong to head to Washington DC on 9/11.

I'm Leaving tue. morning (9/10) on Rt 33 from SANDYVILLE, WV.

As Gunboat was a Navy man, (jet aircraft mechanic), my ride will not only support the 911 responders, but Gunboat and his spirit as well...

Any one interested, is welcome to ride along.