IGNORED

carb jet sizes

can someone PLEASE tell me what size jet goes in this block? have two that are .030 dia. and two that are .050 dia. also what size goes in second pic? thanks, bill

The lower opening on the first picture is the main jet. #125 for the 86.

Also, in the 1st picture, left port on bottom is the idle jet, #37.5. Make sure this on is shiny clean !!

The one on the top of the 2nd picture is a #80 air jet.

Sizes are imprinted on top surface of jet.

Gary

Abusive Throttle Cranker's "HERE" is not a link.

I found the page in the manual that details the jets and their location but the numbers don't give their actual sizes. Some of the jets I have are not stamped clearly so I too would like to know the actual diameters of the jets and their proper locations in the entire carb.

Abusive Throttle Cranker's "HERE" is not a link.

I found the page in the manual that details the jets and their location but the numbers don't give their actual sizes. Some of the jets I have are not stamped clearly so I too would like to know the actual diameters of the jets and their proper locations in the entire carb.

Attached are some charts and a somewhat lengthy, but basic overview of carb principles.

Gary

Edited by dingy

Gary, thanks for the help, bike runs great when the jets are right! :cool10: scudrunner, #80 jet is .031 dia. and the main jet is #125 .050 dia. I checked them with my gage pins that are minus .0002. hope this helps, bill

Thanks Gary and Bill. I have an 84 so I know the one jet is a different size which I have found. I pulled all my jets after I looked at one a saw 117 on it and stripped the others down. Come to find out the PO had the carbs worked on and some of the jets have a different marking or none at all. Will probably order some new sets to be sure they are all the same. Did notice in some of my reading that sometimes the jets in the rear cyls. might have a slightly different jet than the front cyls. Anyone do this to their bike?

• 3 weeks later...