IGNORED

No more rsv!

eusa1

The RoadGlide.org people are guessing that in 2015 the Road Glide will be liquid cooled. Of course that is rumor, but it has been going around for sometime now....

The rumour on vr.org was that a 3rd Gen would be released next year... then the next year.... then the next year.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on what I was told by Customer Relations, there are enough new ventures out there in inventory to last until 2015. That is why Yamaha has decided drop the line for 2014. I guess to give the dealers a chance to clear out old stock.

Based on what I was told by Customer Relations, there are enough new ventures out there in inventory to last until 2015. That is why Yamaha has decided drop the line for 2014. I guess to give the dealers a chance to clear out old stock.

In that case don't expect to see a new bike until 2020!

Are they fearful of having unsold old versions sitting on the showroom floor next to the new version? Most all motorcycle dealers have brand new, never sold, one or two year old bikes on the floor, trying to sell the leftovers simultaneously with newest model.

I'm sure a lot of it has to do with inventory rationalization.....from bikes on the dealer's floor...to cassette decks in the warehouse! :)

The venture is DISCONTINUED!

No new venture, no new color, no more cassette decks.

Straight from vegas a few mins ago.:shock3:

I heard they had a line on phonographs, and as soon as they finalize the deal they will release a 3rd gen.

everybody keeps pointing out a victory or a voyager as an alternative, but it took me years to get used to cars without a V8. I doubt I will like riding around on a motorcycle with half an engine. I have a Goldwing and love that engine, but the bike is uncomfortable. I am left with no alternative other than ride my Venture for ever, that's do-able.

Al

The way I look at it, I've already got the bike I love.

Parts for it, should be available, for at least 10 years.

Bought it for the comfort,low maintainence and cost.

If anything, Yamahas move will drive the cost of these bikes down...

With 15,000 miles on her, it will last me a long time...:Venture:

So... It's all good...

Al , you didn't test ride the Wing before buying it ?

I did took it out for a half hour ride. engine impressed me. It was comfortable for that short trip, however try riding one 8 hours a day for a week, ends like one of those horses you sneak up on throw a saddle on it and offer it to somebody ypou have a grudge against. Don't let that comment give you the wrong impression, I like my Goldwing, it just isn't any way near as comfortable for long distance riding as my Venture.

Al