IGNORED

Trunk removal

I have tried to remove the trunk because it is easier to install Carbon One's arm rests with the trunk off.

I've removed the 2 bolts on each side just above the side bags. There is something else holding it on and I can't find them.

Please help. Pics would be even better.

I have tried to remove the trunk because it is easier to install Carbon One's arm rests with the trunk off.

I've removed the 2 bolts on each side just above the side bags. There is something else holding it on and I can't find them.

Please help. Pics would be even better.

Take out the foam pad inside the trunk. You'll find 6 bolts to take out. The trunk should lift off after disconnecting the speaker wiring. The luggage rack stays on. Those rail bolts stay on.

Larry

The trunk is held in place on the trunk frame by six bolts: two in front and one in the back, on each side ("front" and "back" with respect to the whole motorcycle).

You need to take the carpet out and you'll see them.

After removing all six, you'll need to carefully lift the trunk away just a bit so that you make enough room for your hands and fingers to fit and disconnect the speaker (four position) and passenger remote control (six position) connectors. You should also take the passenger headset connector out of its rubber holder on the left side and you should, finally, disconnect the headset cable connector that is under the passenger seat, under one of the metal clamps on the fender (leave the other one alone -- it goes to the CB radio in the black box under the trunk).

Thanks. I found them. But I only needed to slightly shift the trunk back after removing the 6 bolts. No need to disconnect the wiring. Only enough space needed to remove the grab bar bolt to install the arm rests.

It sucks when you drill a hole in the grab bar in the wrong place. Stupid me.

It sucks when you drill a hole in the grab bar in the wrong place. Stupid me.

No, no! You haven't screwed up! You have "increased the drainage capacity" of the grab handle should it spontaneously fill with some type of liquid. There ... don't you feel better now?

Andy

You don't have to disconnect wiring to move the trunk back an inch. Make sure you remove the rubber under the trunk and reposition it so it supports on the bar underneath. It will stick again without doing anything to it.

I didn't remove the grab handles when I put my arm rests on. An extension on the socket allows you to reach the bolts to put the arm rests on and then position the arm rests on the grab rails to mark where to drill.

I only unbolted the back of the grab bars and installed the provided longer bolt. Where the arm rests attach to the grab bar is a bit tricky for me to drill. It is on the slightly angled section of the grab bar. I installed the second arm rest really quickly after I learned from my mistake on the first on. I just have to fix the first one now.