IGNORED

Did some..... tweakin'.....

Did some tweakin'.... out of bordem one day... while figuring I'll pass on figuring out the high gas consumption on the lady (we've rebuilt the carbs, and she still gets 30 mpg, heck the lady will do 27 too. This with the new TCI)

Anyway, I figured I'd LED the dashboard. So I did.

Welll... I haven't gotten around to busting the dash out again (yet... I've moved from my old location, and tools I used were my dads.) but noticing now my high beam indicator wont always turn on when the headlight is indeed on high beam setting, and my headlight indicator (white light) is constantly lit... I'm wondering if I messed something up the electronics part of the dash.

Thoughts?

All lights were replaced as mentioned in the tech guide here on the forum, minus the front and rear turn signals as led (my rear brake light was already LED, never bothered to add a resistor there..... My motto has been even if it alarms me, if everything else shows I'm good, then I'm good. heh.)

Did some tweakin'.... out of bordem one day... while figuring I'll pass on figuring out the high gas consumption on the lady (we've rebuilt the carbs, and she still gets 30 mpg, heck the lady will do 27 too. This with the new TCI)

Anyway, I figured I'd LED the dashboard. So I did.

Welll... I haven't gotten around to busting the dash out again (yet... I've moved from my old location, and tools I used were my dads.) but noticing now my high beam indicator wont always turn on when the headlight is indeed on high beam setting, and my headlight indicator (white light) is constantly lit... I'm wondering if I messed something up the electronics part of the dash.

Thoughts?

All lights were replaced as mentioned in the tech guide here on the forum, minus the front and rear turn signals as led (my rear brake light was already LED, never bothered to add a resistor there..... My motto has been even if it alarms me, if everything else shows I'm good, then I'm good. heh.)

I'm not 100% sure, but I am leaning towards, YES.

Don't have a clue what's wrong in there.

Sorry, that just begged for a sarcastic 1st reply. :confused24:

Gary

Thats alright. I have a habbit of sometimes jumping without thinking. as long as said jumping has a higher survival rate than the other option. Still sometimes results with me messing something up.

I'll probably pop a few normals back in there and see if there's a difference, besides the fact that I'm partial to at least keeping the LEDS for the signal lights, and the dash lighting.

Thats alright. I have a habbit of sometimes jumping without thinking. as long as said jumping has a higher survival rate than the other option. Still sometimes results with me messing something up.

I'll probably pop a few normals back in there and see if there's a difference, besides the fact that I'm partial to at least keeping the LEDS for the signal lights, and the dash lighting.

Something that might affect LED's is the dimmer switch is more than a rheostat. There are some electronics in the dimmer.

Might be a start.

Gary