IGNORED

Taking advantage of the weather

spear

I know a lot of you guys and gals State-side are suffering through some potent cold snaps. Without rubbing it in at all, I thought I'd just let you know that tomorrow my pillion-in-a-million and I are doing a 600kms round trip (overnighter) to visit my parents. They're both in their 80s and have no idea we are coming. Going to spring a surprise on them.

And the weather forecast for the next few days?

Overnight minima of 14degC and daytime maxima of 28degC (82degF).

Couldn't ask for more than that.:)

See you when we get back.:) :)

Guest BluesLover

Overnight minima of 14degC and daytime maxima of 28degC (82degF).

Couldn't ask for more than that.:)

See you when we get back.:) :)

Oh man ... we are going to have a ball reminding you of our 28 C highs when you're in the middle of your winter ... :rotf::cool10::no-no-no::stirthepot:

Cheers,

Yesterday, it hit 40*F [about 4*C ?] so I took bike out for new tires, brake pads, spring check-up, & some errands.

Felt good to ride ~150 miles, but clean scoot went through those wet spots in road where snow piles were melting.

Next time it gets warm...bike gets another bath...or another ride.

Anyway, black bike is dirty.

We're back.

Had a dream run.

We tend to stop every 100kms or so to stretch our bums or have a coffee. Carry a couple of mini vacuum flasks for the purpose.

Wall to wall blue skies both ways and temps nudging 80degF.

Now I'm looking forward to my annual run with my brothers in 4 weeks time. Gotta get that new rear shock fitted first.

Took advantage of one 60º day yesterday. We're paying for it right now though. It's snowed about 2" already this morning. Go figure...weather in Colorado. :confused24:

We are having simular strangeness.... 70 on Wed and snow Wed night/Thurs morning! (but not as much as you)

Our STAR Chapter (#152 Salt Lake City) got together this morning for our annual get you ride ready for riding meeting. And, since it finally stopped snowing long enough for the roads to clear and dry out, I figured that meant it was time to ride again. The sun was out, and it wasn't windy, but it would have been nice if it was a bit warmer. As I rolled out of the garage, it was twenty degrees. Fortunately, on the way home it warmed up to thirty - much better. Yep! We might not get a lot of winter riding days here in Utah. But, we try and make the best of what opportunities we get.

Ride Safe & Warm! Pete. :snow2: