IGNORED

Be careful!

Wrench

I got out early this morning to go to my upholstery guys to drop off my seats for re-work. I took the backroads there and found something we all need to watch for. Right-of-way mowing season is in full swing around here now, so that means ALL kinds of debris on the roads. I saw everything from fine gravel patches to road kill that has been slung out from the roadsides.

Good advice!

---

As an aside:

Just curious - what are you having done with your seats and about how much is it running you?

My driver seat is in need of a re-work and some of my estimates are between $150 and $200.

I know NOTHING about upholstery other than I am not qualified to even attempt it...

I don't know for sure how much yet, it'll depend on whether the foam is broken down or not. I can tell you that he's doing the same thing to these that he did to my other Venture. He had to re-foam the driver seat then and the mods cost me $125.00. I'm having him "narrow down" the sides of the seat where your legs drape over when you stop, and relieve some of the curve across the back where your low back rests. Since my back surgery that area puts pressure on the hardware they put in. He's re-shaping the pass. seat a little, and doing some foam work to make it more comfy for the wife. I'm having him make a pad to go between the backrest and the top of the pass. seat too. The wife said last week when she rode that she felt like she needed something between there to help support her too. He's done seats on the last 4 bikes I've had and I have always been pleased with the quality and price of his work. He's been in the upholstery business since 1966 with boats and bikes being his specialties. It'll be probably a couple of weeks before they are ready.

I just had the seat done on my first Gen. My bride picked it up the other day. After almost 8 months waiting and 250 dollars later.... when I get home Ill rip it off and start over. I have never seen such poor work. He was highly recommended too. I dont understand?

Anyway leasson learned

So anyone know of a reputable place near Wisconsin that I can send it to?

Thanks

Pretty hard for me to contact him from here, but I am not going to have my wife be the go between. Although she is more than capable. No looking at the work I am sure he isnt capable of doing seats like on my Venture.

• 2 weeks later...

My seat guy called today and they're ready, I'm planning to pick them up tomorrow. The total cost for the seat work, making a "filler" pad for the passenger seat/backrest, and repairing my chaps was $125.00. That's the same as what he charged me 6 years ago on my other Venture seats.