IGNORED

Our annual bike ride May 2013

FuzzyRSTD

We ( my long time friend JD and I) left my house in Olive Hill, KY at 8 am yesterday morning. We crossed the Mississippi River at 4:30 pm yesterday evening. Arrived at Lamberts Cafe in Sikeston,Missouri around 5:00 pm. Home of throwed rolls cafe. Very very good food. A+

Changing Ozarks Mountains plans because of the severe weather threat. Heading down interstate 55 to and around Memphis TN. Then on down into Mississippi today. Jumping over to a scenic RT heading south. Hoping we can get out of the hail and tornado threats. Finding somewhere down that way to hole up the night and see what happens.

keep safe and enjoy the trip.

Well we changed our minds. We are sticking to our plans and heading west straight into the storms. We will hole up hopefully before it gets bad. Hope we are not making a bad decision. We are keeping an eye on the radar as we go. I love these iPhones.

We ended up leaving the Ozarks because of the severe weather threats. We rode out of Mountain Home, Arkansas south and east through Memphis and Nashville, TN the next day. Stayed in Lebanon,TN and then on to Cherokee in the Smokey Mountains the next morning. We then picked up the Blue-ridge Parkway. We where caught in a pretty bad hail storm there. We got out the bike covers and made makeshift tents for the bikes and us. First time I ever was out in a hail storm with out some kind of cover. Nickel size hail for quite some time. It covered the roadway and we had to wait about 30 minutes for the rd to melt off enough to tracker on. No harm to the bikes. Stayed in Ashville NC that night and then on to home the next day. We rode 1750 miles all together and we had a good ride considering all the bad weather. We did a lot of running from the storms. I think I will stick to our eastern mountains and forget the western tornadoes and flat land. We only got to see some small foot hills of the Ozarks I am sure. Pretty country out that way. But I am no flat lander here. Give me the hills and mountains. Really nice folks out in Arkansas. The Days Inn Hotel in Mountain Home, Arkansas even had a can of bike rags for you to clean your bike windshields. Very clean and nice state to visit. The mountain photos where in TN and KY and North Carolina.

Edited by FuzzyRSTD

Traveled some of that same territory last fall. Nice! Enjoyed eating at Lambert's! :thumbsup:

Yep, I know what you mean. Good food. We waited outside with a big crowd. We where number 108, I figure that place really brings in a lot of money. I was really wanting to see some of the Ozark mountains. Did you get any mountain photos whiles you where there Leo ?

James, We had some fun rides. I didn't do too much picture taking, and my camera kept acting up on me. Included in our rides were the Pig Trail, Arkansas Dragon, Moonshine Run and Cliffhouse Restaurant. Attached are a few photos. Sorry they are not always of great quality.