IGNORED

Hey Cougar, or someone who removed their carbs..

1BigDog

Removed and im now installing my carbs based on Cougars excellent write-up. Right now im stuck. Im not sure which hoses fit back on the carb overflow fittings. I have 2 sets of hoses laying on the bench. 1 set has what appears to be two filters or canisters attached to it, one on each hose and routes to the rear. Are these the carb overflow hoses? Another set has just two plain hoses and im thinking these attach to the surge tank at some point. Any suggestions??

not at home right now but I think ya are on the right track in your thinking

why are those hoses on the table they should have stayed on the bike.

Some one will chime in here in a bit.. glad the write up helped you.

I also thought I showed to pics of those hoses as well in the write up.

Jeff

I mistyped. One set of hoses on the bench. The ones with the canisters are routed to the back of the bike. I had removed and tied up and out of the way all of the wiring and assorted hoses to clear the valve covers as well. Im just trying to remember where some of them went. I had a pretty good idea on the carb overflow hoses but I wanted to double check.

Only thing I did different was to use a little liquid laundry detergent on the intake manifolds so the carbs could slide on easier. Worked great and the soap will evaporate anyway.

Thanks!!:smile5: