IGNORED

83 Venture Windshield

Hi All !

I am trying to find out where I can get a lower windshield for my 83 Venture std. I tried

Titebike.com, no luck. Tried paplastics.com. after three emails and 2 phone calls with no response, i gave up. I like riding with the wind in my face when it is hot. I was thinking about just taking the windshield off, but that might make me look like more of a hack than I already am. I am not handy with a jig saw. Any ideas on where I could get one ?

Thanks in advance.

Tom O'Neil

Hamilton Mass

No. That advertisement is incorrect regarding fitment for the Venture. Not even close.

And as Dingy said, there is no difference in windshields for the standard or Royale.

As to the PO's original question: Depending how short you want the shield, it is fairly certain that you will have to cut it down. I've done it a couple times. Masking tape, Sharpie and a moderately aggressive blade in a jigsaw running at a medium speed is your ticket. Clean up the cut edge with some sandpaper and be done. Find a cheap, cloudy windshield on eBay, cut it down and tint it with spray tint.