IGNORED

Need info for Venture Line Driving Lights

My 90 VR was purchased new with Venture Line Driving Lights from the dealer. These are p/n ABB-26HCD-12-00. One of the lenses is cracked and I would like to replace it. Does anyone know who made these lights? The housing is approximately 6" X 3".

I don't know if you will find anything NOS or a direct replacement any more. If you want to look into a similiar replacement light in the rectangluar shape you might check out Wally World. They had a series called Road Burners that do decent job of lighting without breaking the bank.

If you have the curved heavy driving light brackets on the bike you can even go with heavier lights with no problem.

My 90 VR was purchased new with Venture Line Driving Lights from the dealer. These are p/n ABB-26HCD-12-00. One of the lenses is cracked and I would like to replace it. Does anyone know who made these lights? The housing is approximately 6" X 3".

It was my belief that the VentureLine driving/fog lights were made for Yamaha by Cibie. The lights should say Cibie on them; on the lenses and on the chrome housing, if they were.

I could not find any Cibie ID on the lights. Inside or out. The center of the lens does have ROL on it. I'll try searching on that.

I kind of want to keep them. They are really heavy duty, and look almost like new.

I could not find any Cibie ID on the lights. Inside or out. The center of the lens does have ROL on it. I'll try searching on that.

I kind of want to keep them. They are really heavy duty, and look almost like new.

I confirmed that the VentureLine driving lights were Cibie. Cibie 135 chrome. But your lights are Reflect-O-Lite, "ROL".

While ROL are not VentureLine originals, there were popular back in the day because of their heavy duty nature and the chrome housing. ROL were original equipment suppliers of fog lights to JEEP (and others) back twenty years ago. The reason I know this little tidbit is because I obtained a set of ROL fog lights from Al Sigetic here a couple years ago and they had good chrome but broken lenses. I searched diligently on eBay until a pair of good lenses finally showed.

I'll look, but I can not remember if I replaced both lenses or just one and thus may have a good spare. Gotta find them though...

Edited by Prairiehammer

Kevin, it's unbelievable how you came up with this information!:)

I thought my lights were the originals, since I had the original order paperwork with the bike, and they look right (except for the KC soft covers). They do a good job of lighting up the sides, though, so I do want to keep them.

I'll start a search with the information you provided and see what I come up with. In the meantime, they still work and will probalby stay covered most of the time during daylight hours.

Thanks for all your help, and let me know if you end up finding an extra lens.

Dennis,

I looked back in my "archive" and found that I had gotten the lights with two broken lenses, but they were free and the chrome housing (with rubber mounting bracket boots) was very good. I just kept an eye on eBay for many months until a pair of lenses showed up for $15 and snapped 'em right up. So, I don't have any spare lens.

The ROL fog lights, J10 20, were used on Jeep Grand Wagoneer, from 1986-1991.

I found a site that is currently offering the complete ROL fog lights, albeit one lens is cracked:

http://www.dragtimes.com/parts/AMC-Jeep-Grand-Wagoneer-Cherokee-Marchal-Rol-Fog-lights_261037828282.html

Also a classified on eBay for one NOS:

http://chicago.ebayclassifieds.com/parts-accessories/park-ridge/american-motors-jeep-fog-lamp/?ad=26817587

A couple months ago a set of ROL fog lights complete sold for $85.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-of-two-Fog-Lights-with-Housing-1986-1991-Jeep-Grand-Wagoneer-USED-/290868330156?fits=Make%3AJeep&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b91a7eac&vxp=mtr&nma=true&si=7%252FpSxX%252BJBkd1Z%252FCmV2wXVVgC%252FIs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

BTW: Cibie 135 (chrome) and Cibie 35 (black) fog (fluted lens) and driving (clear lens) occasionally are offered up on eBay, if you are wanting some original VentureLine lights:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CIBIE-CLEAR-LENS-IODE-Series-35-DRIVING-LIGHT-French-VTG-car-auto-lamp-Chrome-/171019737433?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item27d1921959&nma=true&si=7%252FpSxX%252BJBkd1Z%252FCmV2wXVVgC%252FIs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Good luck and have fun looking for these vintage parts.

Edited by Prairiehammer