IGNORED

Cassette to Pyramid EQ

TxGent

Hi All,

Trying to decide if this conversion really makes a big difference in the audio quality on the Venture. I am somewhat concerned for when I pull up the etronics site, the same model EQ that was used for the conversion is listed as 200 watts, but the conversion thread states it is 100 watt, so I suspect the manufacturer may be playing the number game.

For those of you that have done this, was it worth the effort? For example, before you may have had to turn your volume to 25 to hear at highways speeds, but after this install, were you reaching the same point around 15 or so?

Already upgrade my speakers on a 2006 Venture to Marine grade Polk Audio, but since I listen at high volume, I want to ensure I get enough power to the speakers to keep from harming them in the long run, so torn between the EQ install or an AMP, however I don't want to loose any truck space.

Thanks for any help and advice!!!!!

:confused24::confused24:

Ok thanks for your comment, I guess the only way to really go, is to install an amplifier, from what I have seen I don't think they make ones that really do the job, small enough to place in the fairing, so guess I am going to have to debate putting one into the trunk. Is there a particular one, that ppl have had the best luck with?

Thanks!!

I've done it. I think it's an improvement but not nearly enough to make it worthwhile. I am not sorry but would not do it again.

Don I would assume that at the higher volumes the sound would be a little cleaner, and cleaner bass sound.

Where was the improvement ? as I was thinking about this as well.

Brad

The speakers will not be hurt by running them without an amp. I don't know why you would want to add an amp unless you want the speakers REALLY loud. You would be better off making some kinda of small box or backing for the speakers to make them louder. There is nothing behind the speakers.

Don I would assume that at the higher volumes the sound would be a little cleaner, and cleaner bass sound.

Where was the improvement ? as I was thinking about this as well.

Brad

A little cleaner. Also a bit cleaner at low volumes. It all depends upon which speakers you are using. When you upgrade speakers, you often don't have enough power to drive them with the stock units. So the amp helps some even at low volumes. Just not as much as I had hoped.

The speakers will not be hurt by running them without an amp. I don't know why you would want to add an amp unless you want the speakers REALLY loud. You would be better off making some kinda of small box or backing for the speakers to make them louder. There is nothing behind the speakers.

Use these:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-yYcyoo9mATS/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=237XT42