IGNORED

passing lights on '96 rs

a friend at work gave me some old passing lights he had on his long-gone 750 virago. i have been wanting passing lights on my bike for a year or so but i refuse to purchase the light bar and i don't like the lights too close to the headlight.

a friend of mine has a small fab shop and we fabbed up some mounts to that attach to the factory mount for my lowers...i think they turned out nice for very little $$ :D

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p14/dbikers/IMG_20130420_220913_985_zps3454d504.jpg

That turned out really well. Nice job. MUCH cheaper than buying it all from Yamaha. :thumbsup2:

hey, thanks Freebird....i hate to be a tight-a$$ stickler (not) but i just couldn't see spending big bucks on something ($250+ ) for a lightbar. my concern is that they are rigid enough so that they don't bounce all over the place. after the 15 mile ride home last night (on a relatively bumpy road) i checked 'em out this morning and they are as tight as when i mounted them.

i really like them and may try to get the brackets chromed so that it looks like it was meant to be on the bike.

hey, thanks Freebird....i hate to be a tight-a$$ stickler (not) but i just couldn't see spending big bucks on something ($250+ ) for a lightbar. my concern is that they are rigid enough so that they don't bounce all over the place. after the 15 mile ride home last night (on a relatively bumpy road) i checked 'em out this morning and they are as tight as when i mounted them.

i really like them and may try to get the brackets chromed so that it looks like it was meant to be on the bike.

I can tell you the chroming is very expensive unless you know someone who knows someone. The chrome paint does not look all that bad if you wait on good weather day and take your time. Good job.....

:thumbsup2:

I can tell you the chroming is very expensive unless you know someone who knows someone. The chrome paint does not look all that bad if you wait on good weather day and take your time. Good job.....

:thumbsup2:

yah, that's kinda what i have been thinking. i'll have to figure it out. i am even thinking that perhaps to grind/buff down to nice shiny bare metal then polyurethane it...

worst case no matter what will be to pull 'em and re-do them.

thanks for the input fuzzy