IGNORED

iSimple iPod adaptor

jwcutler

Star newbie here...

Does anyone have any experience with the iSimple system? I have a brand new 2011 Venture S that has the CD changer in the saddlebag. If I understand from the ads the setup is pretty simple. Unplug the CD changer, plug in the iSimple and the iPod, use the handlebar audio controls to run everything from there.

So...any reviews?

Thanks,

Jeff

I havnt heard about the Isimple, but know that a few guys in here are using the Venture MP3 system that replaces the Cd and works off the handlebar controls.

Oh, BTW, welcome to the group! I am sure youll find eveeyone here friendly and a lot of fun. (with useful info thrown in for good measure too)

Brian

A link to the thread about it. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=64911&highlight=venturemp3

I had read somewhere someone was going to wire in a realy so that the only time power was to the I-pod was when the bike was fired up. Its an idea. I was pondering the idea of swapping out the CD player for the I-pod gizmo. But @ close to $300 to get it up and working I dont think its going to happen for me. Teh Venture MP3 has the same sort of issue with needing to run a power for it and remaining on after parking and key off. An they aint cheap neither. For time being I guess I'll just keep using my phone and Pandora.

I havnt heard about the Isimple, but know that a few guys in here are using the Venture MP3 system that replaces the Cd and works off the handlebar controls.

Oh, BTW, welcome to the group! I am sure youll find eveeyone here friendly and a lot of fun. (with useful info thrown in for good measure too)

Brian

A link to the thread about it. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=64911&highlight=venturemp3

Thanks Brian,

That system looks pretty good too. Nice to know that there are some rockin' options :cool10:

My 2011 came with it and I installed it, it was simple. My complaint is that it worked great until apple did an upgrade, now it hangs on some songs. I have found it plays audio ripped from origination cd's fine, does not songs ripped from "best of" K-tel type cd's. You can only have your songs in one of five directory's set up in itunes.

It will kill your battery in about three days if you leave your ipod on. I actually like my iphone better on the handlebars plugged into the aux input. I can listen to pandora or itunes and gps at the same time.

So you can only select from 5 playlists? I would rather be riding than organizing my whole iTunes library! I also wondered if "shuffle" mode is available. That is my default setting for riding so I can pay more attention to what I'm doing and let the iPod select the tunes.

The handlebar option is sure cheaper and would allow for use of iTunes Match, Pandora, Spotify, GPS, etc.

My previous phone a Samsung Transform fit nicely in the RAM mount for my Garmin 765t. I had to make a couple of foam spacers to nestle it a little better, and then use a velcro cable strip around it as just a "feel better" securaty strap. Well as fate would have it I lost the phone in an airport and only used it once. The replacment phone is too big to fit. So I looking for a way to mount the new phone a Galexy s 2. I really dont want to spend $40 to mount this up so I am experementing. Right now it jus sort of sits in one of those cloth cup holder catch all things you get for a few bucks. Works OK but once its in there you cant easily adjust your settings, be it pandora stations, volume etc. RAM mount when I put the stuf in comes up with this plastic pouch looking thing.

Well I was talking to the dealer about picking up the bike this week if the snow melts and the polar bears leave town he informed me that my "brand new" 2011 has the iPod system which includes an 8GB iPod Touch! After downloading and looking through the manual, the last few posts have been making more sense. I am coming from a 2005 Honda VTX-1800N with the Kuryakyn Sounds of Chrome system using a RAM mount with my iPod. Going to be a nice audio upgrade!

Thanks for the tips...can't wait to get it out riding.

Well I was talking to the dealer about picking up the bike this week if the snow melts and the polar bears leave town he informed me that my "brand new" 2011 has the iPod system which includes an 8GB iPod Touch! After downloading and looking through the manual, the last few posts have been making more sense. I am coming from a 2005 Honda VTX-1800N with the Kuryakyn Sounds of Chrome system using a RAM mount with my iPod. Going to be a nice audio upgrade!

Thanks for the tips...can't wait to get it out riding.

Ah, must be nice to have it included. I got my 2013 a month ago, and shortly thereafter, I received my iPod SHUFFLE! The cheapest iPod on the market, and a cord to plug into the aux jack only. I emailed them stating that Americans get the iPod touch and the I-simple adaptor, but we Canucks get the cheap ass solution to playing iPods. They replied today, stating that it is more expensive to do business in Canada, and that they were sorry I was disappointed with the promotion. Oh well, I will have to survive, somehow.

That aint right man. From what I understand you all north of the boarder pay more for them also, and get less??? such a deal. I might have half a mind to send it back to them postage due and a letter saying "thats OK if its going to bankrupt you guys you can keep it".

2013 RSV S - $19,999 in Canada, $20,590 in the U.S.

iSimple in Canada (Yamaha) - 1BM-H722E-V0-00 - $239.95

In U.S. (Yamaha)$233.95 (get a 15% (?) discount from Pioneer Motorsport)

*** might be superceeded to 1BM-H81C0-V2-00

Boats.net has it for $153.34

http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/yamaha/Y-1BM-H722E-V0-00.html

Partzilla.com is $141.54

.... plus cost of an iPod... around the same price as in the U.S.

Ah, must be nice to have it included. I got my 2013 a month ago, and shortly thereafter, I received my iPod SHUFFLE! The cheapest iPod on the market, and a cord to plug into the aux jack only. I emailed them stating that Americans get the iPod touch and the I-simple adaptor, but we Canucks get the cheap ass solution to playing iPods. They replied today, stating that it is more expensive to do business in Canada, and that they were sorry I was disappointed with the promotion. Oh well, I will have to survive, somehow.

Wow, that's pretty lame. How much cost to Yamaha is involved in buying the better stuff?

You would think that with smart volume buying that the cost would not be such an issue.