IGNORED

Fork tool

I thought you guys might appreciate this cheap tool I use to disassemble forks. It's 5/8 all thread with four 5/8" nuts tightened onto it. (I think 17mm would work too but my local hardware store only had 5/8"). I think it cost me about $8.00.

[ATTACH]74442[/ATTACH]

A few pics of mine. Make sure to shape the inside of the coupler to clear the lip of the seal and use the upper steel retaining washer between the seal and the driver when installling the seal. Been using this one for about 3 years now on several projects with no problems.

• 3 weeks later...
I thought you guys might appreciate this cheap tool I use to disassemble forks. It's 5/8 all thread with four 5/8" nuts tightened onto it. (I think 17mm would work too but my local hardware store only had 5/8"). I think it cost me about $8.00.

[ATTACH]74442[/ATTACH]

:cool10: I bought and used this tool yesterday. my first time doing fork seals. My first time putting anhything on this site for that matter. lol. Tool worked great. And went to Lowes and bought the stuff out of pvc for the seal driver the other guy came up with> wish i would have went to lowes b4 spending 2 hrs trying to get the seal on with screwdrivers and a cresent wrench. The older i get the more stubborn i get. hahaha. New owner of an 83 venture 1200 btw