IGNORED

I need rear brake rotor

anyone out there have a non warped rear rotor they would be willing to sell ?? brand new ones are outta my reach right now and I don't trust ebay's used ones. I have a 2005 rsv. I have rotated and retorqued the rotor twice but still pulsates to much for me. thanx in advance.

anyone out there have a non warped rear rotor they would be willing to sell ?? brand new ones are outta my reach right now and I don't trust ebay's used ones. I have a 2005 rsv. I have rotated and retorqued the rotor twice but still pulsates to much for me. thanx in advance.

I just happen to have a fairly nice one that I got for my RSV Hybrid project and found out it wouldn't work.

You can have it for what I paid for it plus shipping. It was included with other parts I got from Piinwall so shipping to me is covered.

$39.95 & actual shipping to you.

6.47mm thick, 2001 RSV

Gary

I havent looked, but could a fellow turn a rotor if it was warped bad enough to pulsate. I would think there is a min thickness stamped on the rotor right. The hard part might be finding a machine shop that would want to mess with it.

you can look at the sides and problly see a spot that shows more wear in one spot and on the other side there woun't see any or little wear in the same spot. if it's a lots of differants from side to side, you problly won't be able to turn it down enough to clean it up. you need to find some shop with a blanchard grinder to grind it down, lot of shops don't have them. you can checkout an engine machine shop to see ifthey have one. they can problly mic it and see if they can clean it up. you maybe able to lay a good framing square across the warp place and use a feeler gauge and get a reading that way. pinwall on e-bay has some on their e-bay store.

it has a round electto-magnetic turntable and a floating grinding plate or sanding disc that's spring-loaded and set off-centered. it's for grinding flat meat grinder plates that has various sized holes in them and the cutting knives rotates against to chopup meat for hotdogs, bolonga and sausage. their just like the little clamp-on hand meat grinders your granny used in the old days to make sausage!LOL! as the knives rotate against the plates it wears down the plate hole just like the brake pads does to the rotor. when you grind them down it smooths out and sharpen the edges of the holes just like a knife edge. on larger blanchard grinders they also use large cup shaped stone or diamond wheels acording to surfaces being ground.

• 10 months later...