IGNORED

any one have a broken air ride compressor?

i stupidly lost a piece of my compressor while cleaning it and of course its the only part discontinued everywhere :(

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/1986/VENTURE%20ROYALE%20-%20XVZ1300DS/LEVELING%20UNIT/parts.html

if any one has a broken compressor laying around i need part 12 (its the double male end brass piece that screw into the compressor itself)

that's an air joint(hose) coupler. forget Lowes or 99% of the big box stores. Try a true value hardware store. It's likely metric..thus it's not easy to find. I have similar parts off "air" sprung forks. We would need to know the thread size/type. You can figure this out using bolts that thread in.

so i just took a closer look at my compressor and just noticed my hoses dont match the diagram.. i have a hose with one male and one female end and one hose with two males. does my bike have the wrong assembly for the year?

oh and daitan i would find out it the rear shock was leaking or your valves are not closing right, i that issue with mine ecept it was the front loosing pressure and i turned out my dessicant was so saturated i had water in the valves and was mucking up the system.

so first get some de-greaser clean the hoses and rear shock till you could eat off them then try spraying it with soap and water like your looking for a tire leak if nothing from any connections or hoses i would try and block off the rear hose output with a bolt and an oring and leave it overnight and see if it reads in the morning. if it still has pressure in the morning i would say bad shock and if its empty i would say you've got a valve not closing right

Edited by Black wing

so i just took a closer look at my compressor and just noticed my hoses dont match the diagram.. i have a hose with one male and one female end and one hose with two males. does my bike have the wrong assembly for the year?

At this point a picture might be handy.

Guest Robair 1946

I have lots of that sort of stuff around. If you will send me your address, I will just send you the piece you need. I am located in Calgary Alberta Canada.

Rob