IGNORED

Donating a Bike to St. Jude

KenP

I did a couple of searches, but couldn't find anything specific on the VR.org site. I was thinking of donating my old '84 VR to St. Jude. The only related website regarding vehicle donation to them I could find is:

http://americancharitycenter.com/faq/

Have any of you done this, and/or have any experience with the above organization?

Thanks !!

Ken

Have you thought about donating here and let me post it in the St. Jude auctions, 100% of the winning bid will go to St. Jude along with all the other monies we receive throughout the year. If your not familiar with what we do, we have already donated over $25,000.00 to St. Jude since 2005. However you choose to do it, its a very worthwhile donation, and thanks for supporting St. Jude.

I did a couple of searches, but couldn't find anything specific on the VR.org site. I was thinking of donating my old '84 VR to St. Jude. The only related website regarding vehicle donation to them I could find is:

http://americancharitycenter.com/faq/

Have any of you done this, and/or have any experience with the above organization?

Thanks !!

Ken

Now that's a with while cause KenP I believe DragonRider could get more money in donations for a raffel of the bike than the actual value of the bike intern giving more moneys to St. Jude just my observation its your bike do as you see fit as either way its going to a worthy cause for the children:bighug::cool10:

I did a couple of searches, but couldn't find anything specific on the VR.org site. I was thinking of donating my old '84 VR to St. Jude.

Ken

Ken, if you want to donate your '84 Venture to the St. Judes charity, via either here, or through DragonRider, I would be interested in bidding on it. I do wish it were a 1986 or newer, but...charity bidders cannot be choosy.

Please tell me, us, all you can about your '84 Venture, mileage, condition, pictures...everything, and...I will start the bidding off at $ 500.00.

:backinmyday:

Ken, if you want to donate your '84 Venture to the St. Judes charity, via either here, or through DragonRider, I would be interested in bidding on it. I do wish it were a 1986 or newer, but...charity bidders cannot be choosy.

Please tell me, us, all you can about your '84 Venture, mileage, condition, pictures...everything, and...I will start the bidding off at $ 500.00.

:backinmyday:

OK....I will get with DragonRider and determine the best way to proceed......

Ken

Edited by KenP

Ken, to repeat myself...Please tell me, us, all you can about your '84 Venture, mileage, condition, pictures...everything, :backinmyday:

Miles,

I'll give you what I can, but I am taking care of a personal family matter, not near my home computer, and do not have access to all the pictures. Once I get back, I will post the photos. I have spoken to DragonRider and he will administer the auction once I give him the go-ahead, which I haven't done yet. So please be patient until I get back home on Thursday.....until then, here are some details...

This is a 1984 Yamaha Venture Royale, XVZ12DL model. It was manufactured on 10/83 but is considered a 1984 model. Current mileage as of January 2013 is 73,500 miles.

Modifications done by myself:

· New front fork seals, bushings, and progressive spring suspension October 2012

· Front and rear brake calipers rebuilt

· Argus battery bug upper left speaker

· Upgraded automotive style fuse panel under false tank cover

· Odyssey PC680 AGM Battery

· Higher output larger capacity stator

· Shindengen Mosfet R/R upper left fairing

· Spin on automotive type oil filter

· K & N Air and Oil Filters

· New 4 brush starter

· 4 gauge battery cables (thicker than stock)

· New starter solenoid

· Platinum burner driving lights

· New EBC front and rear rotors

· All fluids changed July 2012

· New spark plugs as of July 2012

· Rear end shaft maintenance/lube completed July 2012

· Final drive gear oil replaced July 2012

· New stronger clutch spring Feb 2013

· Russell Day Long cushion seat with factory backrest

CLASS system permanently disconnected. There is a manual fill Schrader valve between the back seat and the trunk for the rear shock air ONLY. The engine is from a 1986 model and is a 1300cc vice 1200cc, which was the original engine size.