IGNORED

Another horn question

wannarsv

I ordered a stebel horn from twisted throttle. It arrived today. I'm not sure it is a stebel The package says Fiamm. No where on the horn or package does it say stebel. Is this a knock off or is this the real thing.

(are thy one in the same)

Thanks, Mel

I ordered a stebel horn from twisted throttle. It arrived today. I'm not sure it is a stebel The package says Fiamm. No where on the horn or package does it say stebel. Is this a knock off or is this the real thing.

(are thy one in the same)

Thanks, Mel

If you bought and paid for a Stebel then you did not get what you paid for. You MAY have a good horn or may not. Flamm has been around a long time BUT it may or may not be as loud etc.. I personally would not be happy about now.. If I bought a Stebel then I expect to receive a Stebel.

O.K. this is what I found out from what I'm told, whether it's true or not who knows. Stebel & Fiamm are in cahoots together. The horn I have (crome) does not say stebel, but if I pull off the chrome covers it does say stebel on the black part of the horn. So I guess they just stuck chrome covers on a black stebel & let it fly. I do know it is loud as heck.

So there you go. But like I said who knows?????

Thanks everyone, Mel

In defense of the Fiamm electrics, they are pretty decent horns. I installed a set of Hi-Lo's on my '84. They are black and ugly as can be but I think they were rated at about 132 dbs.

So far the score is one befundled grey hair over a curb, one delivery truck swerving back where he came from, a couple of serious coffee spllls in cages and a few other wild eyed stares from inattentive motorists. And I'm still in one piece.

As far as them having Fiamm covers over a Stebel horn, kind of odd if not questionable.

In defense of the Fiamm electrics, they are pretty decent horns. I installed a set of Hi-Lo's on my '84. They are black and ugly as can be but I think they were rated at about 132 dbs.

So far the score is one befundled grey hair over a curb, one delivery truck swerving back where he came from, a couple of serious coffee spllls in cages and a few other wild eyed stares from inattentive motorists. And I'm still in one piece.

As far as them having Fiamm covers over a Stebel horn, kind of odd if not questionable.

Actually, that happens more often than we realize. When companies merge or one takes over the other, there can be a lot of "badge engineering" to differentiate what are otherwise identical products. For instance, when Triumph restarted in 1990, they got a lot of their minor parts (Mirrors, levers, switches) from the same suppliers as other bike companies. In one case that I read about on the Triumph forum, a rider whose bike had tipped over and damaged a mirror, found the name "Kawasaki" stamped onto the back of the mirror under the sticker that said "Triumph". It seems that they needed a bunch of mirrors in a hurry and so the supplier sent the mirrors (Which was the Kawasaki mirror but normally without the name stamped on the back) from a recent production run for Kawasaki that they were willing to wait for. Of course those needed a sticker covering the Kawasaki name! Fun, eh?

Andy