I'm planning to replace the brake caliper seals on my 84 Standard and when looking up the part numbers on Yamaha's website it shows "part # 31A-W0047-00-00 Quantity 2 " for the rear seal kit. I checked Flatout's and it shows the same thing.

Anyone know why it shows 2 sets for the rear caliper? but only 1 set for each front caliper.

Thanks

I'm planning to replace the brake caliper seals on my 84 Standard and when looking up the part numbers on Yamaha's website it shows "part # 31A-W0047-00-00 Quantity 2 " for the rear seal kit. I checked Flatout's and it shows the same thing.

Anyone know why it shows 2 sets for the rear caliper? but only 1 set for each front caliper.

Thanks

Man I can't believe I've forgotten, and I've rebuilt all the early mark I calipers. If I foggily remember correctly the rear caliper piston is larger than the fronts, and they sell the seals and 'O' ring seperately for each side/piston??? I guess the front 'kit' came with 2 of each so only takes one 'kit', and is priced that way. The rear seals have to be bought seperately as there isn't a 'kit' so you'd need to buy 2?? i think........