IGNORED

Market Share\Sales Data - Marketing Class Help

DanOh

Hey all, hoping someone can help. Everyone in management where I work is now required to take a series of college classes, one of which is in marketing and I didn't pick that one up when I was in school over 20 years ago. Thought it would be interesting to choose the Venture as the product for my big class paper.

Unfortunately some of the research required is turning out to be more difficult than I thought. What I really need is sales\market share data for the touring bike category. The only place I've been able to scare that up looks to be from Motorcycle Industry Council, but they charge $250 for non-members to see their data.

Anyone know where I could get my hands on this type of data? Doesn't even have to be 2012, anything within the last few years should be good enough for my needs.

Help\suggestions is very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Dan.

PS I'm too old to be back in school!

Only a suggestion here...

You might could contact your local Yamaha dealer and ask to speak to the manager.

He (or she) may be able to pull something up on thier online system from thier home office that may be what you are looking for.

You can ask him for a print out. Not sure he will give it to you though with out you having some credible evidence that you are doing this for a class assignment.

You could also ask him when his district manager will be in and approch him with your request. :confused24:

Webbikeworld which always has a link on our site has overall sales statistics for the different classes of bikes and manufacturers. http://www.webbikeworld.com/

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-news/statistics/motorcycle-sales-statistics.htm

Thanks. I did stumble across that on my search. Unfortunately I really need market share type info of different bikes in the big touring category. I'll see if a dealer can point me at the data I need.

Cheers