IGNORED

Battery Chargers

Tom

Ok,I received my Odyssey Battery and I have a Question. If I need to charge this battery in the future do I need a special battery charger? I keep reading on it and it says use a DRY CELL type battery charger? I am assuming the Odyssey is categorized as a DRY CELL Battery? Anyway any responses is greatly appreciated. Thanks,Tom

Charging instructions with Odyssey battery are specific.

Use a charger that will hold a Steady charge rate, 2 to 4 amps.

Your new battery will probably take 2 to 6 hours of charging at a 4 Amp rate to reach a full charge state.

Also, see specific information, as to the voltage readings, that will tell you the percent of charge.

12.7 to 12.8 volts fully charged, and 12.0 to 12.4, is a low state of charge.

Just putting it on a Trickle charger, Will Not bring it up to a full charge state. !!!!!!

Again, carefully read the instructions with the battery, Its NOT the same as a lead acid battery.

From "Odyssey " Owner's Manual.

-----12.84 volts, = 100 percent

-----12.50 volts, = 75 percent

-----12.18 volts, = 50 percent

-----11.88 volts, = 25 percent

Charge time for a fully DisCharged PC680, Charge at 10 Amp Rate, for 2 hours, or

20 AMP rate for 1 hour. ( from Odyssey manual )

I used 4 AMP charger for about 6 hours, on all Three of the New Odyssey's that I purchaced. After letting them sit for couple of hours, they read 12.8 to 12.9 volts.

I use one of the ACI Advanced Chargers products. I have both the 3 amp and 7 amp model. Here is a link:

http://www.acichargers.com/why.htm

Some of their prodict info:

Constructed to protect its circuitry from reverse polarity, short circuit, A/C surge, over-voltage and over-current

• All models are CSA and UL approved

• Soft start and stop eliminates sudden current rush, protecting both the battery and other circuits in the vehicle

• Automatic cut-off and then true float. The battery can be left connected for weeks, months, or even years without harm, while maintaining a full charge.

• Simple, easy to understand LED. Red for charging, green for fully charged.

• Automatically adjusts voltage when temperature is over 75 degrees F.

• Life span rate of 30,000 plus power-on-hours.

• Will not generate excessive radiated or conducted emissions (EMI).

• Fully Automatic.

• Lightweight & Compact.

• Suitable for all 12 Volt Batteries including Gel Cell, Dry Cell, ODYSSEY and OPTIMA

Comes complete with Alligator Clips and Ring Terminals (7 amp also includes brackets for on board mounting)