IGNORED

Chili Bowl Nationals Sprint Cars

BigLenny

Are there any sprint car fans out there? I have a buddy trying to talk me into going to Tulsa for the Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals the second week of January. I've never been, but I've heard that it's a pretty crazy week of indoor midget sprint car raciing.

Before I commit, I would like to get a real idea of whether i should plunk down the funding for ticket and hotel.

Has anyone attended before?

We have been several years and it is worth your time. There are always several big names there and LOTS of crashes and bar banging. They run quads and several levels of sprint cars. When we were in the "biz" of performance quads, we sponsored several quads and a sprint car. (Still have the wing from sprint car, hanging in garage, he made it 8 laps before getting flipped) :bang head: Anyway, we will probably skip this year, supposed to be out of town, but Tulsa has several things to keep your attention during the day. Nothing like the smell of race fuel at night!!! One thing, the ventilation is poor to inadequate in that building. Might consider a few disposable mask to help the ole lungs. Have fun!!!!:biker::biker:

• 3 weeks later...

Has'nt been on pay per-view for a couple years now. Dang. Tony Stewart, Jason Leffler, Tracy Hines, Sammy Swindell, The kinser kid if you follow USAC at all a bunch of them hot shoes will be there. Ear plugs are probably recomended too. I would love to go sometime. I hate mile and half cookie cutter tracks. :080402gudl_prv:

Hmm hadnt thought about a bootleg stream. Possibly, but it will probably be pretty crappy unless its a good camera.

try firstrowsports.eu and far right tab, motorsports. has lots of racing tv on it. You will get a couple popups but if you look past that and close them, it has several feeds for each channel. Do not know if they are showing the chili bowl or not. (this is also good for other sports, NBA, football, etc.

James

It appears there will be no video broadcast of the event. Racinboys.com is doing a nightly audio live broadcast of it. They are pretty good.

Here in my town we have the Short Track Nationals every year for the top 360 sprint cars in the nation, and Racinboys has done that live audio broadcast for several years, and they are good at what they do. This past year the event was video pay per viewed so that was a lot better.

I want anybody but a Swindell to win the Chili Bowl.

It appears there will be no video broadcast of the event. Racinboys.com is doing a nightly audio live broadcast of it. They are pretty good.

Here in my town we have the Short Track Nationals every year for the top 360 sprint cars in the nation, and Racinboys has done that live audio broadcast for several years, and they are good at what they do. This past year the event was video pay per viewed so that was a lot better.

I want anybody but a Swindell to win the Chili Bowl.

Sorry for the disappointment Swindell again, I thought Larson had it there for a few.