What do you do with your helmet?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do with your helmet?

• Take it with you
    • Store it in the trunk
    • Lock it on the helmet lock
    • Leave it on the seat or hanging loose on the bike
    • Other

I have a small cable and lock. It's a full face helmet so I put the helmet on the rear seat run the cable thru the face around the rear grab rails and lock the ends together. Only takes a second. I keep the cable & lock in the trunk. I have a larger and longer cable that I run thru the sleeves of my jacket to lock it the bike as well. For over night trips I use a disk brake lock with alarm, pad lock the steering, use a big bull dog cable around the frame thru the rear wheel. Plus the bike has a gorilla alarm, and I cover it. I hide under the cover all night with my 357 just in case.

:Laugh: :Laugh:

Guest tx2sturgis
GOD BLESS TEXAS,, STILL STANDING FOR WHAT AMERICA USED TO BE!! :mustache:

Its ironic that in Texas you cant legally wear or carry a 'bowie' knife, (remember the Alamo!) and we STILL dont have 'open carry' of sidearms.

They are working on that last part tho. :happy34:

Lots of counties, precincts, and cities in Texas STILL have laws prohibiting the sale or consumption of alcohol.

The county I live in is still 'dry', but a few years ago, I was involved in a local grassroots movement to change the law here in this small town. We circulated a petition, got the required number of signatures, and were awarded the vote on the next ballot, and won by 34 votes!

I was also involved peripherially in the TMRA2 (Texas Motorcycle Rights) efforts to change the Texas helmet laws in the Austin Legislature back in 1998-1999.

We won, but the helmet efforts now by the federal government have begun to worry some of us.

The safety-crats have a place, but I wish they would stay the heck out of Texas!

Edited by tx2sturgis

Georgia law says that you cannot be cited for not wearing a helmet if you advise the LEO that yours was just stolen, so I know a lot of folks that just leave them out to be snached up! LOL!

Seriously, I usually just plop mine on the backrest or hang it from the handlebar, unless it's a really nasty area and I will be gone for awhile. Then it gets locked up.

Its ironic that in Texas you cant legally wear or carry a 'bowie' knife, (remember the Alamo!) and we STILL dont have 'open carry' of sidearms.

They are working on that last part tho. :happy34:

Lots of counties, precincts, and cities in Texas STILL have laws prohibiting the sale or consumption of alcohol.

The county I live in is still 'dry', but a few years ago, I was involved in a local grassroots movement to change the law here in this small town. We circulated a petition, got the required number of signatures, and were awarded the vote on the next ballot, and won by 34 votes!

I was also involved peripherially in the TMRA2 (Texas Motorcycle Rights) efforts to change the Texas helmet laws in the Austin Legislature back in 1998-1999.

We won, but the helmet efforts now by the federal government have begun to worry some of us.

The safety-crats have a place, but I wish they would stay the heck out of Texas!

:hijacked::sign busted::sign back to topic: