IGNORED

Engine swap? WHAT!?!?!

That may be the more logical way to go. Certainly the cost of an engine swap would be as much and possibly more than the cost of at V-twin for around town. Just one thing left to do. Convince the wife that we need a third bike in the garage, between her 650 V-star and my RSV. :whistling: If i can figure that out, I can buy the bike with proceeds from my new book "How to influence and win her opinion". :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Quick look on ebay stratoliner engine $1100 used venture to cut up to see if it will fit $5500. Man hours, shop rate to machine the stuff, paint, seats etc from cutting the frame all the unknowns $10,000:detective: you should be able to get in one for under $20,000.

:confused07:

That was my next suggestion pick up a nice used older v-twin and have both.

I have the venture and a vmax can't take much more than a 100 miles at a time on the vmax but can do a 1000 miles on the venture easy.

A few of us took our old bikes pre 80's out for a 500 mile loop a few weeks back. Wow was I ready to get home the RD,CB,KZ and a friends old Moto-Guzzi wasn't as comfortable as anyone remembered. Butt's out of shape for a flat seat that far anymore.

Sorry I never got into the air-cooled, push rod, chuggin v-twin type power of lack there of, good torque though just not my thing. They build both so everyone has their choice. :bluesbrother:

Quick look on ebay stratoliner engine $1100 used venture to cut up to see if it will fit $5500. Man hours, shop rate to machine the stuff, paint, seats etc from cutting the frame all the unknowns $10,000:detective: you should be able to get in one for under $20,000.

Geez,

I should just buy a Hardly and save 20 bucks. :confused07:

Geezzz..........I think you guys are being a bit hard on the guy. Now most of us here who ride the Venture do so because we LOVE the V4 engine. If a V Twin was preferred, then there are a lot of bike choices out there. On the other hand, some of us also LOVE the style and the comfort of the second gen Venture. I have yet to find another bike, V Twin or otherwise, that offers the comfort and room of my RSV.

So...if somebody loves the styling and comfort of the Venture but also happens to love the low high torque and more relaxed loping feel of a V Twin, then the combination mentioned would be a beautiful thing.

So the question asked was not WHY anybody would want to but ..... has anybody seen it done. I have not and have no idea if it could be done or not but I can see where it might be an attractive option for some folks.

So there.....that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :rasberry:

You need to ride the Victory Vision or Cross Country, they both have plenty of room for the rider plus comfort, just don't like an air cooled engine.