IGNORED

Mk II throttle cables (89 Royale)

I've got my carbs ready to go back on, and was installing the throttle cables. When I was guiding the bottom THROTTLE OPEN cable, it let me know that it needs to be replaced....it has a couple of broken strands. On one of the 'other' Venture sites I used to belong to, the subject of broken throttle cables on Gen 1's with cruise control used to come up periodically. I never used to pay too much attention to the details though, because my 83 is a Standard and doesn't have cruise. Of course, my 89 does. Does anybody remember the details?? Was it only Mk I bikes? Which cable breaks?

Frank D.

I've got my carbs ready to go back on, and was installing the throttle cables. When I was guiding the bottom THROTTLE OPEN cable, it let me know that it needs to be replaced....it has a couple of broken strands. On one of the 'other' Venture sites I used to belong to, the subject of broken throttle cables on Gen 1's with cruise control used to come up periodically. I never used to pay too much attention to the details though, because my 83 is a Standard and doesn't have cruise. Of course, my 89 does. Does anybody remember the details?? Was it only Mk I bikes? Which cable breaks?

Frank D.

The pull cables will be the ones to go. Either top or bottom I have seen frayed.

The return cables don't have much stress.

Gary

• 5 months later...

Mine went today about 5 miles from home, with a bad reg and inspection...lol. I drove it home with a pair of pliers as a suicide throttle. I guess its time to tear that left fairing off. I'm gonna have questions.....:bighug: