IGNORED

Trailer opinions.... I'm shopping

Snaggletooth

Thanks Bob. Hope the cops don't feel the same way while I'm dragging it home today.

Got the Markland hitch on last night. Been hanging in the shop for two years waiting to get around to finding a trailer. Had to make some minor adjustments to match it up with my rear light bar but it looks pretty decent together.

So I'm off to pick it up from the car dealer. This should be interesting. My first time pulling a wagon on a bike and I have 5 miles of construction to deal with. Lane restrictions, surface drops, surface grinding and rough roads.

I guess they call that a "trial by fire" right?

If I'm not back online by tonight....... send the dogs. :sign20:

Mike

It's home. And pretty happy with the way it pulled. I ran the construction and even on the heavy grooved roadway they had been grinding it down it behaved very nicely. No sway or wandering at all.

I did check all the major bolts and lug nuts before I pulled out and all was in order. Can't say so much for the PO's wiring jobs on the lights. :rotf: That needs to be redone. I cheated and patched into the 2 wire plugs I use for the LED lights on the saddlebags and got the running lights to work so at least I was lit up in the rear.

I lowered the tire pressure to 25 lbs before I left to. They were at 35 lbs when I picked it up.

I was running about 55 mph on the back roads on the way home and doing well so I detoured and hit the Interstate for a while. Not a flinch at 75 mph even empty. So a quick run to the house and loaded up the trailer with camping gear and a tool box. Probably about 100/125 lbs. Still pulled great.

I had the Drift camera rigged to the rear of the bike so I can watch what it was actually doing back there while I was riding. Still have to review that and see what it looks like from that angle. I was surprised how little of the trailer was visible in the mirrors. I can barely see the outside edges from the seat. Probably put some LED lights up higher on the body so I can see it better at night from my angle.

But that's it. My own wagon.

I know the rules. I added some pics. It looks just like very other HF Tag-A-Long but it's attached to my bike. It's all good here. I'm happy. Can't gripe for $250.00 bucks on a new, already together trailer.

Mike

Edited by Snaggletooth

Looks great Mike! Tire pressure will depend on how much a load you have in the trailer. I normally run around 30 psi myself, found 50 psi to be just a tad bouncy when empty. Youwant a fair amount of pressdure to avoid a mushy drag on the bike but you have to be really low for thast to happen.

My Piggy Backer uses basically the same trailer but with torsion bar independant suspension and 10" (or is it 12") wheels. I was aprehensive the first time I trailered with a bike but very soon forgot that it was behind me. Found out the hard way the trailer is just a tad wider than the bike but no ill effects other than a slight scrape on the fender...