IGNORED

torsion axles for your home-built?

Guest tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

Hey I ran across this website while responding to an article on another forum.

My little cargo trailer uses torsion axles, and I highly recommend them. Here is a way for the trailer builders on here to put a nice axle under their home-made or harbor freight trailer.

They come in 425lb and 550lb sizes for our use.

http://www.etrailerpart.com/halftorsionaxles.htm

A good trailer supply outfit can sell you torsion axles. I think someone here posted replacing their axles last year. If you don't have a place locally, online is good, too. The advantage of the local trailer supply is they can put the mounting tabs you might need to make an easy swap.

Guest tx2sturgis
A good trailer supply outfit can sell you torsion axles. I think someone here posted replacing their axles last year. If you don't have a place locally, online is good, too. The advantage of the local trailer supply is they can put the mounting tabs you might need to make an easy swap.

Very good point...But since some folks, (including me!) have not run across the actual units on a website, I thought I'd pass this along, if only for informational purposes.

In some of these small towns, and rural locations, it may be hard to find such small torsion axles at the local trailer shop, that mostly deal with larger trailers, like car-haulers and horse trailers.

One of the members (Poppa Rob) on the YamahaStarRiders forum is planning to build a bike hauler, and while this info was originally intended for his benefit, I thought it might be of some use here also.

• 5 months later...