IGNORED

Single wheel trailer?

BigLenny

I have a homebuilt single wheel trailer commonly know as a "scuba dave " trailer named after the fellow that designed it. I recently towed to the Black Hills and back from here in British Columbia, approximately 6000 km. It towed flawlessly on the Interstates at up to 160 KPH, in crosswinds and large truck traffic. You can ride the twisties as normal, you swerve to miss something, so does it. I also didn't really notice my fuel economy drop much as it's very low and aerodynamic. Overall, I couldn't be happier. Ron:cool10:

Nice rig Ron. Is there suspension on it? Looks like it has maybe a torsion type, or is that just mount that way for some caster effect to pull straight? Overall kinda neat. I got a buddy that makes cabinets. I bet he could make me the box part so it looks like a coffin. That ought to get some looks ehe?:cool10:

Nice rig Ron. Is there suspension on it? Looks like it has maybe a torsion type, or is that just mount that way for some caster effect to pull straight? Overall kinda neat. I got a buddy that makes cabinets. I bet he could make me the box part so it looks like a coffin. That ought to get some looks ehe?:cool10:

Thanks guys, yes it has a rubber torsion suspension with the swing arm lengthened 4 inches. The suspension is available through Northern Tool. Dave the designer has been very generous sharing his detailed plans with everyone on the Delphi motorcycle trailer towing site. I've attached a copy below. For anyone that doesn't want build one themselves, there's one for sale on www.motocampers.com. Ron

That's sweet for homemade! I like how low of a profile it is.

Do you know many liters it holds?

The box is a Thule sidekick 682, it about 55' X 24" X 16". It's the only trailer I've found that will carry my golf clubs. LOL

Jactana,

Impressive trailer. Can you show a photo or two of the hitch that you use? I am interested in seeing how the hitch is mounted if possible.

Davo

Here's a picture of the hitch, it's a tractor universal joint welded to the coupler as shown in the plans. Ron