IGNORED

Honda nc700

TEW47

Has anyone ridden or know anything Honda's NC700 ? Due to the numbness in my feet and lack of strength after loosing 130 lbs I have dropped the RSV several times lately due to it being a little top heavy. I believe I need to get a smaller bike to keeping riding since my wife does not want to ride any more. There is the NC700v & x models and they are suppose to get over 70 mpg.

tew47

Congratulations on the weight loss!!!! You have done wonders for your health!! Unfortunately there is little or nothing that can be done for the periferal neuropathy. Don't know anything about the NC700's but for the same money you could trike your RSV and never worry about dropping it again. Just wanted to congratulate you for losing so much!

Here is a link to a Cycle World article from January - "2012 Honda NC700X - First Look" -

http://www.cycleworld.com/2012/01/20/2012-honda-nc700x-first-look/

As well, in the latest issue of Cycle World (September 2012), there is a riding impression of the bike. Although not a full road test, it does give some good info on the bike. In short -

the bike weighs 472 lbs (Doesn't say if that's wet weight or not.); the motor (a 670 cc parallel twin) puts out 51 HP with the standard 6 speed tranny and 47 HP with the dual-clutch tranny; the tank holds 3.7 gal. of gas which is plenty if their mileage figures are right (The tester got 47 mpg at a steady 85 mph). The price in Europe is equal to $6,999 USD. Brakes seem to be the weak point with a 3 piston caliper single front disc - one of the pistons is activated by the brake pedal, so max stopping power requires that the rear brake be used as well.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Went to see the NC700X at the Honda dealer yesterday. I can put both feet flat on the ground and the center of gravity is real low, like a 250. Out the door price with saddle bags mounts, tour box with months center stand and heated grips, touring windshield is $8500. My Venture is now for sale. It is an'07 with HD muffler, blue flames on decals, buttler mod on seat, stock pipes and stock windshield, new front tire, michelin commander 11. LED light bar. $10k. 26k miles.

tew47