IGNORED

I'm Popeye the Traitor Man....I'm Popeye the Traitor Man...

Guest Popeye

Guest KitCarson

Pop-Eye......you will love the bike. Before the weather got bad these last two days......and I found all the plastic inside my fairing at the windshield cracked and broken..and in another place up behind that great tape player......and after going through the clutch basket ordeal with Crickett, and getting another letter from my original dealer saying hope you are enjoying your bike......but you should bring it back in.......we feel your rear cylinder head bolts have not been properly torqued at the factory and we need to install a new gasket and properly torque them...........I started thinking. Gee.......this Venture has given me more trouble than a Harley!!!! So I made a visit to Carolina Honda.......they gave me a demonstrator for two days.........I love it.

At first impression I thought I would not like the somewhat confined leg space, but that is just mental.....looks confined when you sit on it....but really it is not.......plus you can install floorboards and heel/toe shifter.

The center of gravity is low......bike is superbly balanced.........seat is even more comfortable than the Ventures........somehow they did their homework and it perfectly supports your back........lower running lights that melt the asphalt.......radial tires(this is a 2008) perfect handling........power out of this world.........enough buttons and controls to be an airplane.........built in GPS........some kind of CD player......not that I would ever play with that.........Windshield actually adjusts up and down and at the lower position you can see over it in the rain and fog......and put it up on a cold day.........Plastic fits together like a fine watch.......no gaps.......good fasteners(I visited the shop too and took a look at one they had open putting a modulator in) The only thing I could find in two days I did not exactly like was under the motor on the EPA airbox they have installed chrome heat tape to protect the plastic.....it was not smooth and level......whomever put that on must have been new.......working with tape.......heated seat, grips......toe warmers........turn that all off in South Carolina and just open all the vents............could be nice on certain days though........

I am waiting for my light bar to get out of the chrome shop........going to button Crickett back up..........and become the owner of a Cadillac Gold wing with ABS brakes myself.........Been watching all bikes for the past two years real close........I am going to break from tradition and treat myself to what appears to be the best motorcycle ever built.

Yep you will like that one ........I have ridden bikes all my life.......been looking but resisting..........I mean why not.......this is our sport......our hobby........one might as well have the best bike ever made............Respectfully Kit

AH Haa!!!

See..... I'm NOT the only "traitor" on this site!!

You guys will love your Wing. They 'get under your skin' though....and make it really hard to ever be satisfied with anything else.

Congrats, Popeye and Kit. Welcome to the Dark Side. Oh, wait....it's not a Harley so can't be the Dark Side.

Maybe the Grey Side??

:rotf:

Guest KitCarson

Annnnnnnnnnnnddddd........today at 12:55 I got a phone call from a local dealer that I had been trying to get to change my clutch basket on the Venture.....hey Kit we have that clutch basket in now.......when would you like to bring your bike in??? I had given them a courtesy call three months and 17 days ago...telling them not to worry about it.....Yamaha had stepped in and was taking care of it........the final nail........just finally got disgusted for good.........:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:Hey do not worry......my nose is kinda small........does not point up in the air very high..........I will have a machine I can raise the windshield on.......and run the interstate with Sleeperhawk and Muffinman....did notice there is not one bit of buffeting.....with the shield up to the top notch......and has vent in it.........for summer.......in fact has enough stuff on it to keep me busy for three months just trying to figure out what this button does:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:if my light bar was not getting chromed......I would go bring one home tomorrow.......oh well must be patient.....another week......weather is cold anyway.............

Guest KitCarson
AH Haa!!!

See..... I'm NOT the only "traitor" on this site!!

You guys will love your Wing. They 'get under your skin' though....and make it really hard to ever be satisfied with anything else.

Congrats, Popeye and Kit. Welcome to the Dark Side. Oh, wait....it's not a Harley so can't be the Dark Side.

Maybe the Grey Side??

:rotf:

That demonstrator already got under my skin.....bet they knew that would happen huh?? got to watch those salesmen...they are smarter than we are!!:rotfl::rotfl:

I am going in to see them tomorrow .......got a 3 inch water main busted.......getting dark......have to go fix that first........in the morning...then set down and special order the one I want.....black......with every piece of chrome they make for it......ABS brakes......whatever else I can think of .........

That demonstrator already got under my skin.....bet they knew that would happen huh?? got to watch those salesmen...they are smarter than we are!!:rotfl::rotfl:

I am going in to see them tomorrow .......got a 3 inch water main busted.......getting dark......have to go fix that first........in the morning...then set down and special order the one I want.....black......with every piece of chrome they make for it......ABS brakes......whatever else I can think of .........

Hey Kit, you getting the NAV system and the airbag too?

Guest tx2sturgis

Ok, present and future goldthingers.....can you top this?

This was shot a few hundred miles from here in the mountains of northern New Mexico...where I ride every year for the Red River Rally. In fact, on the youtube page that goes with this vid, you will see a comment from me.

It's just way cool over there...dang good ridin.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuz9XYNbG5U]YouTube - Enchanted Circle[/ame]

Guest KitCarson
Hey Kit, you getting the NAV system and the airbag too?

Yes I am going to chose the Nav bike.......but not the air bag. This is no sudden decision....have been checking the bike out for a couple years.....fact is the air bag is new.......has a few glitches.....not many but do know for a fact that a pothole in the road or jumping over a curb can set the air bag off.....it only stays inflated for a few seconds......but maybe enough to be dangerous under the right conditions....the main thing I considered though, is hey it will not help my wife if we are ever unfortunate enough to be in a crash...I would think in any event with the size of the wing...and the exellent lighting and visibility....it would be much more likely to get T-boned from the side. So at this time ........decided to bypass the airbag......put the money into ABS brakes and some chrome. I worry more about Miss Sandy than myself, if by myself I might even hot rod a little.........:whistling::whistling:

Guest KitCarson
Ok, present and future goldthingers.....can you top this?

This was shot a few hundred miles from here in the mountains of northern New Mexico...where I ride every year for the Red River Rally. In fact, on the youtube page that goes with this vid, you will see a comment from me.

It's just way cool over there...dang good ridin.

Hey Brian.....nice video.....with todays technology you can go for a ride sitting in your chair!!

I have been all over the world.....lived in quite a few states....I suppose the two I consider the closest to perfection are West Virginia and Northwest Arkansas.....mountains.......blue skys........hardwoods......places you can look down and see a 1000 foot drop.....gentle twisties....I also like coastal roads such as highway 1A1 along the florida coast or the outer Banks in North Carolina......so how did I get stuck in South Carolina....the home of the pine tree???? Work and life I suppose.......it just snuck up on me.

Guest Ken8143

Mercy sakes, popeye that is one fine looking bike. Some I kind of like the 1500 better than the 1800. Man - what a buy. I'll give you what you paid for it - OK?

Pop-Eye.............................................

..and become the owner of a Cadillac Gold wing with ABS brakes myself.........Been watching all bikes for the past two years real close........I am going to break from tradition and treat myself to what appears to be the best motorcycle ever built.

.....................................................................................................this is our sport......our hobby........one might as well have the best bike ever made............Respectfully Kit

Now you're confusing me Kit. :confused07: You talk about buying a wing and then at the end you say you might as well have the best bike ever made, which we know is a first gen! :stirthepot:

Let us know which you decide on! :rotf:

Now you're confusing me Kit. :confused07: You talk about buying a wing and then at the end you say you might as well have the best bike ever made, which we know is a first gen! :stirthepot:

Let us know which you decide on! :rotf:

BINGO!!!

GRAND SLAM , HOME RUN!!!

lol

just jt

Guest KitCarson

Kinda does look like a 1st gen on steroids......that I will have to admit....but did not see any plastic falling off.....at least not yet:bighug:

Ok, Popeye you're a traitor. Shame of you...

But if you cannot with it, let's do this: I can trade my VR'84 for that piece of evil traition that let you fall on that action....

I want to take the evil out of your life brother....

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Regards,

Carlos :7_6_2[1]:

Ok, Popeye you're a traitor. Shame of you...

But if you cannot with it, let's do this: I can trade my VR'84 for that piece of evil traition that let you fall on that action....

I want to take the evil out of your life brother....

Regards,

Carlos

You folks on this site are just too generous.