IGNORED

Anybody from the Rapid City S.D. area?

Jactana

I just read about some forest fires in the area, just wondering how bad it is for smoke and stuff. I am heading for Calgary, Alta on Sunday, and then supposed to be heading into your area on Tuesday. I'm just wondering if we should change our plans and head somewhere else if it's really unpleasant. Any info would be appreciated. Ron

I called a friend that lives and rides in the blackhills. He said it was pretty smokey on the 3rd. But recent winds have cleared things up. He said all fires with the exception of the one near New Castle are under control. He welcomes you to the area.

I called a friend that lives and rides in the blackhills. He said it was pretty smokey on the 3rd. But recent winds have cleared things up. He said all fires with the exception of the one near New Castle are under control. He welcomes you to the area.

Thanks for checking with your friend. I live in an area in the interior of B.C. where we are prone to have forest fires, and when you read the press they always make it more spectacular than what's actually happening. I think we'll just go as planned, and if it's really bad we'll head east. Thanks again, Ron