IGNORED

Need some help.........1st Gen radio........

DragonRider

Here is my dilemma. Pulling out of the drive this morning my OEM radio went dead, no power to it. Not even the little green lite that shows it has power. I have checked the fuses in the main fuse box, the ground to frame, cant figure out where it lost connectivity. I pulled out my electrical schematic and it shows two fuses for radio, one is a 1amp the other is a 4amp, I guess thats what it means, its labeled 1A & 4A. One is on a blue wire the other a red/blue. Anyone know where I can find these 2 fuses..............I am stumped. This is the first time I have ever had a problem with this radio. The CB powers on but cant hear it because no power to amp or radio..................HELP!!!! I have also checked the connectors to radio, made sure they were clean and used dielectric grease on them.

Edited by DragonRider

Look forward of the battery for a rectangular black lid. About 3 inches side to side and an 1.25 wide. It will be to the right of centerline. Under the lid are the fuses for the radio. They are ATC plug in not glass tube type. Should be 4 fuses in the holder. At least that is the location on my 1986.

JB

Here is my dilemma. Pulling out of the drive this morning my OEM radio went dead, no power to it. Not even the little green lite that shows it has power. I have checked the fuses in the main fuse box, the ground to frame, cant figure out where it lost connectivity. I pulled out my electrical schematic and it shows two fuses for radio, one is a 1amp the other is a 4amp, I guess thats what it means, its labeled 1A & 4A. One is on a blue wire the other a red/blue. Anyone know where I can find these 2 fuses..............I am stumped. This is the first time I have ever had a problem with this radio. The CB powers on but cant hear it because no power to amp or radio..................HELP!!!! I have also checked the connectors to radio, made sure they were clean and used dielectric grease on them.

On the 83-85 bikes these two fuses are in the radio harness. They are in-line glass tube style fuses.

Been a while since I had them in my bike. The attached picture shows them. They are the 2 white plastic housings just above & in front of the rear of the fender.

These are probably in the head light bucket. You may be able to see them if you remove the left front turn signal.

Gary

Thanks, everything except remove the turn signal, I think I remember seeing them when the bike was apart.

Tomorrow I will check it out.......

Lewis

On the 83-85 bikes these two fuses are in the radio harness. They are in-line glass tube style fuses.

Been a while since I had them in my bike. The attached picture shows them. They are the 2 white plastic housings just above & in front of the rear of the fender.

These are probably in the head light bucket. You may be able to see them if you remove the left front turn signal.

Gary

On the 83-85 bikes

You may be able to see them if you remove the left front turn signal.

:sign yeah that:

See them tucked in under the vent duct,under left turn lens. Pay no attention to

my modified turn signal flasher (it works with LEDs, no load resistor, and keeps auto cancel. Only good for the 83, as I believe 84+ uses the 41R relay assembly.)

Thanks a ton, they were right where you said they would be, after you posted the picture, I remembered seeing them when I put the bike back togehter, I had them hanging in the metal clip, so it was easy to reach and change, the hard part was finding a fuse to fit, since I didnt have any around, I stole one from a cig. plug from an old accessory. Got lucky.

Now I would say that was easily $12.00 well spent...........were else could I have gotten that info so quickly and cheaply...............I would dare say the $36.00 it has cost me for the past 3 years has saved me 100 times that much in repair cost.........!!!!!:mo money::mo money: