IGNORED

Pulled Cassette, Radio Died

terryc

Back from the road last night and back on my radio problem this rnorning. I bought a cheap car aerial and pulled the CB/ CLASS controller to get to the aerial jack. WHOOPEE! I have tunes! Right up until I moved the wires a bit. Back to junk and static. :bang head: I now have to figure it is in the signal "seperator" for the CB / FM. Can't plug the aerial into the radio cuz it uses the different plug going to the amp.

Anyone have a signal splitter or a CB unit up for grabs?

Take off the combiner off and run the CB to the stock cb antenna and the radio to an am fm antenna and you will be glad you did.

Sort of did that. I traced the aerial cable to the amp and unhooked it there, then plugged the new aerial into the jack coming off the amp. No luck. Still have only slight AM reception and nothing on FM.

So far the only good news is that it does play cassettes. So at least I will have tunes for the weekend. Assuming I still hve cassettes laying around. :sign20: Can I even still buy blank cassettes?

Won't be riding to much this weekend anyway. A local river has a dam release so I will spend most of Saturday and Sunday bouncing off rocks in a little plastic boat. Hopefully mostly right side up.

I my case it was the radio. Plugged a cheap auto antenna into the old one (you can do that with second gens) and nothing happened. Was able to get a ~fairly~ reasonably priced used replacement from Pinwall cycles, and that did the trick.

I don't know what I did wrong, or if it was just going to go anyway, but it's working now. Expensive, but it could have been way worse. Now the bike's back together, and I swear I'm not going to mess with it again until fall.

Time to ride.

• 1 month later...

The guy I bought my bike from had a tape adapter in the cassette deck. Works well with the iPod. I may, however, replace the tape deck with an amplifier and just run my iPod into the amp input, no more static. I have a few amps laying around. At least four.

Jees!

All right -after reading this string, I'm making a list &most of you aer on it & will never be allowed to touch my bike.

EVER! :stickinouttounge:

Unless we perform an exorcism & sacrifice small animals or large mosquitoes to ward off the Gremlins.

I sure am glad that my radio troubles were solved with having to sacrifice anything... errr wait... do knuckle busting cuts count as sacrificing? Har!

Radio turning on & off & changing volume by itself - connector-itus

Pulled cassette - no problem

Radio cutting off in occasional short bursts - known problem - radio replaced

Added Baas Blockers - no problem

4 knuckle cuts - 2 Happy Dances - 3 burps after 3 beers

All of that seems to ward off the gremlins.

Oops - I forgot! My Gremlin Bell given & installed by HummingBird must have been the reason for my good luck.

Thanks HummingBird.

To all the people with troubles... did you have a friend give & install a Gremlin Bell on your Bike?

If not - maybe that is your problem????

:thumbsup::sign **** happens: