IGNORED

Yamaha V Star 1100 question...

yamadawg

I have a friend that has an 1100 V Star Classic that wants to change his exhaust to get a little better sound. What will he have to do with his fuel system to make this change? I do not know anything about this bike but would like to provide him with some suggestions...

If he just installs slip ons he won't have to change a thing. If he goes with a full set like cobras it will need rejetting going this route I would go ahead and install a big air kit and do the jetting once. The V Star I had I just installed Vance n Hines slip ons slash cuts I think had a great sound and not overly obnoxious IMHO just couldn't see going through all the headache and expense for the full exhaust.

I had a '04 V-Star 1100 and installed the Vance and Hines slip-ons. I though they just sounded loud and obnoxious, no performance gain. After doing a lot of research, I installed a Roadhouse 2 into 1 full system with the Maxair pod and jet system. It was a different bike. Nice subdued rumble and huge performance gain. It just opened that little motor up. Roadbike magazine did the same upgrade and dyno'ed the bike and got a 15% performance gain. That's huge. Apparently Roadhouse is out of business, you might find a supplier with some left over inventory. Cobra makes a 2 into 1 for that bike that I've heard performs as well, although I couldn't tell you how it sounds. :080402gudl_prv: Ron