IGNORED

Which battery for 89 venture 1300

The battery I took out of my bike is an energizer. Walmart has the identical wet cell 18 lb battery for 50.00. However, I can get a sealed battery for 97.00 but the terminals are slightly different. So, I thought I'd ask someone with experience.

Deka AGM is the way to go. Tough, durable and Amercan made.

Check out the web site for the one to fit your bike. Sealed, 12.8 volts.

http://www.bohannonbattery.com/html/motbat/18lbs.html

Can't beat the price for service and reliabilty. Mine is into it's 4th year and still pulling like the day it arrived.

I bought mine through Bohannon but skydoc_17 here sells them also.

You will find many satisfied DEKA user in the club.

And they are almost local boys for your area.

Mike

Deka AGM is the way to go. Tough, durable and Amercan made.

Check out the web site for the one to fit your bike. Sealed, 12.8 volts.

http://www.bohannonbattery.com/html/motbat/18lbs.html

Can't beat the price for service and reliabilty. Mine is into it's 4th year and still pulling like the day it arrived.

I bought mine through Bohannon but skydoc_17 here sells them also.

You will find many satisfied DEKA user in the club.

And they are almost local boys for your area.

Mike

:sign yeah that: Bought mine through our DEKA supplier at work. Damn fine battery. Lot better performance than the wet.

I run the walmart battery as I am fine with replacing it every 2 years. This year I have upgraded the stator and regulator so that I get stable and good charging on the bike so I will be upgrading to an AGM battery.

Being an Electronics Engineer I was not confident of the Stock 1st gen charging system and how it looks like it would cook a Battery over time so I never risked an expensive battery. With the new setup installed, the voltage is so smooth and the battery does not have the periods of heavy draw like the stock electrical does when sitting in traffic with an undervolt coming from the charging system and the fan kicks in.

It could have been just my bike, at idle I was making 10.5 volts and did not get past 13 volts until 1500rpm. it then would spike to 15 volts at around 4500 rpm and drop back down to 13 volts above that.

New 012 Regulator from a FJR1300 and a high output stator... 14.5 volts no matter the RPM or load... So I'm getting an Deka AGM battery soon.