IGNORED

My new Exedra Max tires

MikeWa

It has been a while since I anounced my intention to replace my Venture's tires with the New Bridgestone Exedra Max tires. So here is the latest on that.

I finally got the Exedra Max tires mounted today. I think they are a good looking tire. At least as good as a black-wall tire can be. Their profile seems a bit rounder than the old Exedra. That should improve cornering quite a bit. The tread on the rear is really deep. Tire pressure is 41 and 42. Since it was cool I put them at 40. I will see where that takes them when they warm up. Also Bridgestone rates them highly for rain and the tire groves look like they can move some water. Being in Seattle it won't take long to discover the truth in that.

On to the road test.

For break in, other than rocking back and forth on the straight aways, I didn't do anything special. The first thing I noticed was the loud noise from my old tires was gone. For now at least these tires are very quiet. Yea. At freeway speed handling seemed normal, good. Lane changing and maneuvering is exactly where I like it to be. Long sweeping turns were quite enjoyable. I didn't pick up on any unpleasant traits. Another yea. Now for the acid test. Off to the parking lot. Lock over u-turns and sharp cornering was exceptional. A much better feel than either the old Bridgestones or the Dunlop 404s. That's three yeas.

Summary

It is difficult when comparing new tires to old ones. And I would have preferred white walls. But for the initial ride these tires seemed to meet all of my expectations. Only time will tell if these early perceptions will hold up. Or if the multi compound rubber provides the additional tire life I am hoping for. But for now I think the Max is a winner. And it comes in the right sizes.

Mike

I'm looking at getting a couple new tires by the end of June. Your evaluation of a new option is very encouraging!

I'm currently running the Dunlop E3's but I'm not as impressed as others. I'm at 8543 on both front and rear and with a long road trip in July I'd rather drop a couple hundred than be caught on the road needing tires. I'm lookin at Pirelli's for $212 a pair or the Metzlers at $330 a pair from Jake Wilson. The Bridgestone Max Exedra's are right in the ballpark of the Pirelli's. I guess I have a couple weeks to make up my mind.

Ride Safe!

Brian