IGNORED

ALmost good to go........

DragonRider

I rode the revamped Venture today for the first time in over a year, it was really surprising, I had forgotten how heavy that bike is. I took it easy on the first ride, still no rear brakes, but just ran it around the neighbor hood and ran it thru the gears, its so nice to have 2nd gear. Waiting on the rear master cylinder that Bongobobny is sending me, and I am ordering all new diaphragms for it, it should really run good after they get put in and carb tuned. I cant believe I did the tranny swap, its the biggest repair I have taken on so far, hopefully that will be the last. I couldnt have done it without all the tech articles here. $12.00 well spent.

It has been a long time since I took that first ride after getting it back together after doing the 2nd gear repair. But I still remember how I babied it for a short distance and then I could not wait any longer in doing a wide open throttle run throuigh 1st and 2nd gear. I remember it felt so very good.:cool10:

I am so glad that is coming together for you Lewis.

RandyA

Your right there Randy, it was hard not to, but I did it a couple of times but not all out, also its a little noiser than I remember, I think most of the noise is the loose baffles in the collector. I might replace it if I can find one at a decent price. or I might just take this one to a welder and have it gutted, I also went back to the stock pipes, I couldnt get the RK's to tighten suffiecently on the right side, so off they came and back to stock, they are still in good shape and no leaks from them, there are some exhaust leaks somewhere and I will trace them down too, pictures will be posted today!!!! OH and if you order new throttle cables and cant find the 83 cables, dont order the 84 cables without ordering the throttle box that connect the cables, the ends that go into the box are not the same as the 83, I will post a picture of that also. It was easy to fix but a pain to modify them......

It has been a long time since I took that first ride after getting it back together after doing the 2nd gear repair. But I still remember how I babied it for a short distance and then I could not wait any longer in doing a wide open throttle run throuigh 1st and 2nd gear. I remember it felt so very good.:cool10:

I am so glad that is coming together for you Lewis.

RandyA