IGNORED

wifes pet peeve

When my wife (2ed) started riding with me, I told her she had 3 jobs back there.:smile5:

1; Look Pretty:happy65:

2; Wave at all the other bikes :)

(it makes people in the cages think all bikers know one another.):happy65:

3; Smile at all the kids in the cars:clap2:

It is interesting that Linda made a comment about how much different it is riding on a bike and people looking or stopping to talk compared to being in a car. What started the conversation was we were being passed by a couple in a cage and the woman in the passenger seat made a point to turn toward us and smile and wave. And, as we know, it is common for people to make comments and engage in conversation when we are parked.

One of the things that really surprised Linda when she started riding with me was the waving. I personally feel it is important for the driving public to see us bikers waving and acknowledging each other. Whether they think we know each other or not, I feel that it is important that they think of us as a group that will help each other and that we also may come to the defense of each other if needed.

I think of others looking at us as a positive and never considered otherwise.

RandyA

Somebody said once, that when you are over 50, you really should not care what people think about you. Be yourself and enjoy yourself. Do what you want and do it whenever you can.

I agree with Marcarl, I think a lot of it is jealousy. Whenever we turn a corner or stop at a light, I see men gazing over at us. I always feel it is jealousy. That they wish they had a bike, and that their wife or girlfriend would want to ride too. I really do not feel people are looking at us because they wonder why we are risking our lives on a motorcycle. And if they do think that who really gives a rat's patooty!

Yama Mama:smile5:

Somebody said once, that when you are over 50, you really should not care what people think about you. Be yourself and enjoy yourself. Do what you want and do it whenever you can.

I agree with Marcarl, I think a lot of it is jealousy. Whenever we turn a corner or stop at a light, I see men gazing over at us. I always feel it is jealousy. That they wish they had a bike, and that their wife or girlfriend would want to ride too. I really do not feel people are looking at us because they wonder why we are risking our lives on a motorcycle. And if they do think that who really gives a rat's patooty!

Yama Mama:smile5:

Oh I agree & have told her as much, BUT when you go in a store and clerks/store workers follow u and it's obvious u know they think you are thugs & shoplifter because of leather and a do rag then that is a little much...course we will NEVER go back to that store...:no-no-no:

Oh I agree & have told her as much, BUT when you go in a store and clerks/store workers follow u and it's obvious u know they think you are thugs & shoplifter because of leather and a do rag then that is a little much...course we will NEVER go back to that store...:no-no-no:

Well, far be it for me to pass judgement, because in my younger (Wa-a-a-ay younger) days I (we) always wore leather too, no do(doo, dew?) rag. We had motels tell us "No Vacancy" and 5 minutes later their "Vacancy" neon sign would be lit, got refused service in bars/restaurants, etc.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck-----well, you know the rest. Unfortunately wearers of leathers, colors, do rags, etc. may be concieved by the general public as bad a$$es. Like it or not, the two of you will have to understand that you might be (unknowingly?) projecting an image that induces the reactions you describe. Just do (no pun intended) your best to cope, maybe even politely confront your agressors and possibly cause a few people to have a better understanding of our life style.