IGNORED

Opinion wanted... Ultimate Seats

The Marshal

When my wife ans I rode the 1100 V Star all the time my seat was the ultimate and hers was the mustang. She said the ultimate was way to hard for her and the mustang was way better. You know you can have your stock seats redone in a pillow top for your RSTD just a thought.

Richie R

I have a set of the Ultimate seats. I love it.

My girlfriend would always complain about my stock seat and how uncomfortable it was and how she could only ride for an hour.

After I got the Ultimate she came on a trip to New Orleans and back, a 7 day venture, 6~7 hours a day. Other than her just saying she was sore, she has never complained about her Ultimate seat. Ever.

However, she saw the pillow top and said that that is what she would prefer. They only ever want pillow tops... Too bad they would look nuts on a RSTD I think. Well, at least with an Ultimate driver and a pillow top passenger.

I can't speak for the Mustang seat, but the Ultimate is pretty darn good. There aren't many other options out there though..

I put Ultimates on my RSTC, added a trunk with a wraparound backrest and my wife loves it! She is wondering why I didn't put them on years ago, I told her that is because then she would want to ride all the time. Well, after picking myself up, she says too bad now I am going nowhere without her. Shucks! well I got away with it for a long time! Now it's 2 up time! The Ultimate for me was quite a change, it sits different on the bike and I think it actually improves handling as you are seated in a totally different position. But as always different strokes for different folks. Ultimate has a 14 day trial so they ...and you and yours can make the decision based on what you feel.. Try em! :banana:

I bought the Ultimate seat 2 years ago for my RSTD. It changed our world. My wife and I could hardly spend more than an hour or so on the stock seats before we were begging to get off. Now, we can go a whole tank without even thinking about stopping. Sometimes I fill up and never get off the bike. We rode a 2 week 4000 miler last year to the Smokeys and the seats were awesome. We rode a 2000 mile trip last month and they are still doing great.

I chose the option Ultimate offers to do the logo in the colors of my bike, and my wife talked me into getting the V4 logo stitched on the sides. A little cheesy, but she's happy.

If you go to the Ultimate Seats website you can look at the events they are attending this year. If you meet them at the event, they will install it and let you take a ride on it before you buy.