IGNORED

twisted sisters

playboy

Thinking about heading out to ride the three sisters or twisted sisters.

How far from San Antonio is it over to there and how much time should be allowed to ride them. Kind of last minute trip also wondering how crowded it might be on a holiday weekend.

Thanks guys not definite yet where we are going just trying to get some kinda time frame for the time we have off. I was expecting to work Monday but we moved on to Red River Army Depot and they don't allow contractors to work on Holidays. Now I got time off and no plans.

Vince,

The quickest way for you would be to jump on I-10 and run to Kerrville and then take 16 south to Medina. At Medina stop at the Apple Store for an apple turnover or some apple ice cream. Then you can take 337 west to Vanderpool where you can take 187 north to the Lost Maples State Park. Don't forget to stop at the motorcycle museum on the left before you get to the park....alot of good old British bikes. Then go back to 337 and head west to Leaky and have lunch (or just stop) at the Frio Canyon motorcycle shop where you can get your Twisted Sister T shirt. From there you can head on west to Camp Wood and catch 335 north to 41 and then east to finish with 336 south to Leaky. Then you can run back to 187 and take it north to 39 which is a great ride back into Kerrville down the Medina River. Here is a link to the Hill Country Cruising site for more info.

http://www.hillcountrycruising.com/the3s.html

Hope this helps,

Rick

Thinking about heading out to ride the three sisters or twisted sisters.

How far from San Antonio is it over to there and how much time should be allowed to ride them. Kind of last minute trip also wondering how crowded it might be on a holiday weekend.