IGNORED

FYI on Cardo Scala Q2 Pro vs Sena SMH10

Hi Folks,

I just thought I would give you guys my opinion on these two Bluetooth sets since my wife and I have had the unique opportunity to experience them back to back within a two month span.

Four years ago I purchased the Scala Rider Teamset units for my wife and I to use. This product performed fairly well over the last few years and finally became so worn out that I made the choice to upgrade. About 3 months ago I chose to purchase for us the Scala Rider Q2 Proset. The sound was certainly better than the Scala Teamset that we had been using. The voice activated intercom reacts a lot smoother, and using our iPhones with them has been pretty flawless. My wife does have the complaint that when she listens to music, the sound is less than inspiring. We have on a number of occasions had to wait and fiddle for an extended period of time for the units decide to sync with each other. But, once they do, they work fine. We both agree that the buttons on the units are quirky to deal with especially with gloves on. The volume range is very limited, but adequate. Overall, we had been decently happy with them, and certainly felt that they were better than the TeamSet units we had worn out.

Well....that all changed one month ago when our oldest son, who didn't know we had purchased new microphone sets for ourselves, purchased us the Sena SMH10 Dual set for a gift for our anniversary. Instead of telling him we had already purchased ourselves a new Scala set, we kept our mouths shut and accepted the gift with big grins and big hugs. I then made the choice to install the Sena units on our helmets just see if there was any difference between the two products. To put it mildly, we were blown away by the difference! The Sena SMH10 is far and away a better sounding unit, as well as way easier to operate due to the jog dial that is more friendly to navigate with gloves. The unit produces a deeper and more rich sound than the Scala product does. Also, the volume levels are markedly better. Instead of pushing buttons to raise and lower the volume, you turn the jog dial and it acts like a radio dial. My wife loves the way here iTunes music sounds on these units, even while running 75 on the freeway. There is absolutely no waiting for them to sync, and turning the units on and off is a matter of quick taps on two buttons. We did a 400 mile ride last weekend and had the units on from 7:00AM until 7:00PM, and they never went dead.

Well I'm not gonna blah blah blah anymore. I just wanted to inform anyone who may be thinking about buying new Bluetooth sets, that they cannot go wrong with the Sena SMH10. Now, I've gotta figure out what to do with a 2 month old Scala Q2 set.

Thanks for the timely report. I was about to pull the trigger on the Sena's. I had read good reviews on other forums about them, (yes there really are some other useful forums on the net). My only hope is that after syncing with the Ham Radio on my bike, it will also sync with the gps. The Scalas will not do that simultaneously. Glad to hear the audio quality is good.

:happy34:

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought a set of them and the quality of the sound is outstanding and when I receive a phone call the quality of the call on my end is great and on the callers end sounds like I am at home. Very easy to operate. Bluetooth option with my cell phone to be able to play tunes, seamless

You want to sell the old set? I just got my bike running and my wife as never ridden two up. I want to be able to talk to her and listen to tunes. I just don't know if she is going to like it so don't want to spend a bunch of money. Please let me know. THANKS

Kevin,

I would in heart beat, but have decided to keep them because I have a couple cousins that ride and they have the Scala's. What that means is when we ride just single up to maybe a rally, or a one day ride without our wives, I will be able to switch to my Scala's and sync to theirs, and we will be able to communicate.

Sorry about that.

Kevin,

I would in heart beat, but have decided to keep them because I have a couple cousins that ride and they have the Scala's. What that means is when we ride just single up to maybe a rally, or a one day ride without our wives, I will be able to switch to my Scala's and sync to theirs, and we will be able to communicate.

Sorry about that.

i have used my sena bluetooth set and have synced to other non sena bluetooth sets before, have you tried to sync yours to your scala's