IGNORED

Bestem 929 trunk, LED 1st Gen installed

got it today. i wasnt really sure what i felt at first. i thought it might be larger (46L). i was concerned that my large, full-faced helmet, wouldnt fit. it didnt in the stock trunk. i had to force it closed. overall, i wanted to fit my helmet, save weight, and have lights. well, thats what i got. JUST that. the Bestem came with a universal mounting plate which worked perfectly, except, i had to use bolts that were about an inch shorter to clear the taillight lens. no biggie. i am a little disappointed in the wiring harness. its really fine gauge wire. and, the LED harness seems like an afterthought. but it works. wiring was straightforward, but, it did not come with directions...weird. it also came with an extra set of side panels in black, instead of this orangy-red, but, i kept the red ones on. obviously, i got this for more visability. my old trunk leaked, rattled like a can of bolts, and was cracked in several places, not to mention, it weighed 23lbs. the Bestem weighed in at 12lbs. thats what i wanted. so far, ive shaved off almost 60lbs off my ride! enjoy!

Your new trunk looks great. I just finished adding LED brake lights on my '83 standard trunk. I also have replaced the center running/brake bulbs with a LED insert (custom built) and the two turn signal lights contain LED inserts that have red running/brake LED's and amber turn signal LED's. The combination gives me more points of light out back to let the following drivers know I'm there and when I want to slow down or change lanes.

Your new trunk looks great. I just finished adding LED brake lights on my '83 standard trunk. I also have replaced the center running/brake bulbs with a LED insert (custom built) and the two turn signal lights contain LED inserts that have red running/brake LED's and amber turn signal LED's. The combination gives me more points of light out back to let the following drivers know I'm there and when I want to slow down or change lanes.

looks great! we (1st genners) definately could use a little more light out back. i put LEDs in the turns with resistors. much brighter,