IGNORED

Favorite Tires/

Havetime

Thanks, Markus. I'm currently running 491 on rear & 404 on front. They're eat-up, chewed-up, and poorly worn. Really looking for a different tread profile. It's between Avon Venoms & Elite 3's for me. & I can get a better deal locally on the E3's. But the question remains ... Radial or Bias Touring???

Stock Bridgestone Excedra on the front and a Kuhmo Powerstar CT on the rear. I get 27000 miles consistently out of the front. Tried a Metzler 880 front once and didn't like it. Going on 31000 miles on the Kuhmo and should easily get another 20k. Alot of the people I ride with swear by the Shinko tires on their 2nd Gen Ventures as far as ride and grip. Don't know about mileage.

I had the Kenda Kruz tires, and I liked them fine. But, the rear developed cracks in the tread. I think I posted pix of the tire. And also the front has a sort of beveled, profile. Makes the bike go into turns fast, but also more top heavy at parking lot speed. Running E3s' now and love em. Ran over a drill chuck...sigh Had to replace the rear tire with less than 3000 miles on it:headache:

• 2 weeks later...

Folks,

I got my new Dunlop Elite III's (front and rear) on this morning (replacing the old 491 on rear & 404 on front) - what an incredible difference!!! My 84 VR handles like a completely different machine. Surefooted and even a bigger thrill to ride than before.

Thanks to all who recommended them ... They ROCK! :cool10:

RB

I got Pirelli route 66 tires on my 01 RSV and absolutely Love them,they corner great ,tar snakes don't bother them a bit and I can ride on a milled surface and can barely tell it,they handle good in rain.Only thing is I only got maybe 3,000 on the back one and 1,000 on the front but both show hardly any wear yet.